USAA Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2016

2.9

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Was great! The TA was in constant contact with me, which I really appreciated. I applied online and got an phone interview that lead to a in-person. During the interviews I was straight forward with my answers and only elaborated when the interviewer seemed interested in the answer or pressed it. I made sure to wear my best suit because I wanted to look as professional as possible. Everyone I came into contact here was very courteous and nice, even the security guard at the entrance wished me luck. My advice to anyone going through the interview process is just be yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Did the online assessment. 10 days later was emailed about initial interview by phone with HR. She was super dry and to the point -- that took 20 mins. That same day she scheduled me for a F2F wich took place a week later. F2F was done with someone in person asking question and someone on the phone, listening (from FL.) and taking notes. The interviewer was SUPER nice (even the person on the phone sounded nice) this put me at ease as I was terribly nervous (and I stutter when I'm nervous). Well, I didn't stutter but got confused while answering a question and got a bit flustered. She seemed so empathetic, tho, and so I moved on from that and answered other questions (total of about 5). The F2F lasted 55 mins. I felt good about it when I left...And then had to wait 1 month to the day of the F2F, (which was nerve racking because my background check was done in a week,) for the initial HR person to call me with an offer. That same "dry" HR person was so happy for me, we were laughing and well, it felt great! She was so lovely and helpfull from then on! She delivered that news 2 days before Xmas.....Started training a month after that. Sorry folks, but although the company is great, the job was HORRIBLE, and I left it...But USAA was good to me even after I quit, so -- good experience as a whole!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, HR tells you how much the salary is and you accept the crapy pay (for this position) or not, before enen moving on to the F2F interview scheduling.

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Be prepared for a long wait time, from application to being offered the job it was 6 weeks then additional time for start date. The overall interview was really good and it thorough, study the star method and behavioral questions which is pretty standard for corporate companies. The first contact was made about 1 week after application was submitted, this was to take an online assessment that tests typing, multitasking, and general customer service with mock calls, along with a personality test. The next step if you passed the test was a phone interview which was scheduled for a few days later. The phone interview was going over basic information about the job description, salary, and a couple behavior questions then if you passed the phone interview you are scheduled on the phone interview to do an interview in person. The in person interview was with 2 claims managers, they asked questions about resume and make sure to bring a copy with you, then they asked questions pertaining to the job and why you would be a good fit, then they asked situational/behavioral questions. Then at the end I was told 5-10 business to hear a response, which I heard about a week after the in person that they wanted to move forward so this was week 3. Once I heard they wanted to move forward in the process I was given the background link to fill out and drug testing information. The background check takes the longest time and is done by a 3rd party company hire right. I had some past credit issues that held my background up so they wanted me to resolve those before moving forward, so it took 2 weeks for background then 1 week to clear up my credit issues. So once that was cleared I was given the official job offer and start date along with salary expectations. So now that I have the job offer it will be a few weeks before I am able to start the job. Overall it was a good experience, just expect it will take a while to hear back and I would recommend to stay in contact with the recruiter if it has been a few days.

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond company policy and giving the customer a great experience? Name a time when you made a mistake and what steps you took to correct the mistake? Was there a time you had an upset customer if so how did you help them or correct the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

1st step: Was a typing test and personality on the computer. I believe you had so much time to take the test after it was sent. The typing test was measuring speed and accuracy.
    2nd step: Phone interview which was set up for me via e-mail.
    3rd Step: Face to face interview at USAA

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision and it didn't work out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through the company website, was asked to take an assessment. Received an email from a recruiter asking for an interview. The recruiter was monotone, completely un-talkative and unfriendly and there were long bouts of silence from her throughout the whole interview. Afterwards she said my background check process would start right then and she set me up with a "formal interview" with the hiring manger. I got drug tested, did the background check with Hireright (awful experience with them). I had the second phone interview with two managers (because I am out of state) which lasted 45 minutes, typical star behavioral questions, the manager was friendly, what do you like about USAA, etc etc. I have over 3 years of auto claims experience and a degree yet they wanted to start me off at 38,000 which is ridiculous and not worth the move out of state. The hiring manager said she hoped to see me in Phoenix and that I would hear from them in 5-10 business days. There were issues that delayed my background check Hireright took forever and a day to verify my high school education because the high school was out on spring break I ended up having to send in my diploma and eventually they just submitted the info the USAA without it, still waiting to see what comes of that. Tried to contact the recruiter twice during the process and haven't had my call returned, she never answers her phone. I even responded by email to one of the HR reps asking for a copy of my diploma, I never got an email confirmation of any sort that she received it. Still waiting for an offer but after reading these previous reviews it is safe to assume just because they pay for you to do the background check doesn't mean you're "in" with the company. Over all the whole process has been unclear, uncertain, unpleasant and a huge hassle, which so far has not paid off. If the process has started off like this I can't imagine what working for the company is like. And after reading the company reviews on glass door about the call center, high stress, low pay, bad micromanaging and bad management and bad HR, if they even offer me the job I don't think I want it anymore. If I don't get an offer I think I might have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, describe a time when....
      What do you like about USAA
      What do you know about the position you are applying for?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on 12/17/15. I received an email on 12/23 to take assessments. The assessments were for typing and personality. On 1/7 I received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for 1/13. It consisted of about 3 behavioral questions. The majority of it was the recruiter telling me about the position. She invited me to come in for a face to face interview at the end of the call. It was scheduled for 1/18. She also emailed me information to start the background check as well as a drug test. The drug test has to be completed within 3 days of receiving the information. The face to face interview was about 4-5 behavioral questions as well as the manager telling you more about the position. I believe the interview was supposed to be with 2 managers but mine was a one on one because they were short staffed that day. The manager was really nice and made me feel really comfortable. She told me that they would follow up within 10 days. On that same day, I received an email saying I would be a valuable asset to the company but they needed to complete the back ground check as well as the drug test. On 1/28 I received a call with the job offer as well as an email to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You have to take what's offered.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I started as an intern and the process was fairly simple and normal questions. They invest a lot into their interns starting by taking everyone out to eat after you make it past the second interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then was asked to take an assessment. After I passed that I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled me or an interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying, an email was sent directing me to take a typing and personality assessment. After that, a phone screen/interview was set up. A few days after that I was asked to interview with their hiring managers (on the phone as this was an at home opportunity). All together, the process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer. Tell me a time you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in June 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process. I initially got an email saying I was selected to complete their "testing", which included a typing test and personality type test. Once that was complete I was contacted again for an interview. I first had an interview with a recruiter. He explained the job, salary, work conditions and answered any questions I may have had. He asked standard customer service scenario questions, he even gave me pointers on how to answer the questions on the next interview. He explained the next steps in the in hiring process. I then scheduled my interview with the managers. This interview was more intimidating because it was over the phone. It was with 2 managers. I am a person who gets nervous with "dead air" and there was a lot of "dead air" time and I felt the need to fill in the "dead air". The did explain in the beginning of the call that it is their way of catching up on note writing. They asked more customer service scenario questions but relative to the type of calls you'll be getting in the position. At the end of the interview I was told that the initial recruiter will be in touch with me again. In the end, I got the generic email saying another better qualified candidate was selected.
    Most jobs I have applied for going through a drug screening and full background check usually meant you were going to be getting an offer. This is not the case, regardless of the outcome they still perform the background and drug screen. It almost feels like a waste of valuable resources on the company if in the end they don't hire you. You can do status checks on your background info.