USAA Claims Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Claims Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied through the university. The first interview was at my college campus. The interview questions were all behavioral. They want to see how well you work with people during difficult situations. After that interview, I received an invitation for a final interview at the USAA campus. They provided breakfast, lunch, a tour of their campus, and a final interview. The final interview consisted of behavioral questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person to find a solution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by background check. Everything was great up until the background check run by a third party company. I submitted all documentation required only to be told half of it wasn't accepted. When I called up the rep/agent in charge of the background check she asked me a couple questions and said everything was good and to ignore the email. The next morning I get another email saying there is a request for more information which the rep/agent didn't say anything about. I send in the info and after a couple days I get another email saying the new documents are not accepted. I call the rep/agent up again asking what's going on. As a veteran myself I have a secret security clearance and if there was really something wrong there is no way I would have that. Again the rep/agent asks a couple questions and says everything is good. At this point it should come as no surprise that one week goes by and I get an email saying my documents are not accepted so I call up the recruiter to find out what's going on. The USAA recruiter tells me all of my documents are accepted and when would I like to set up an in person interview. I turned the position/interview down at this point and explained that if USAA does business with outside companies like the one I just had the misfortune of interacting with, I could not see myself with USAA.

Interviewees beware, you will have to hire yourself into this company after wading through a huge headache and there's plenty of other companies out there looking for good employees.

USAA: stop farming out HR functions to outside companies that are tarnishing your image and costing you money. Also get some better recruiters on board that don't make your applicants do their work for them.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy and based on your political views regarding military and authority.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short and not much room for negotiation

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting to set up a phone interview. I believe the interviewer was from a company outsourced by USAA. I was asked the typical questions you would expect. EX: Explain a time when you had to overcome an obsticle and what you did. Why do you want to work for USAA? What do you have to offer the company? Pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a long term USAA member that he/she is at fault for an accident that you know the member assumes he is not at fault? How would you handle objections?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. The salary was decent and I accepted with no issues.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

na

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you turned a customer's negative experience into a positive one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

na