USAA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

online application, online assessment, phone interview, in person background and drug screening the process was easy but for the interview it definitely helps researching the company she asked me why usaa and what do i know about USAA when you answer tie everything back into the customer and how you like the fact that their mission is all about helping military families get into the best financial situation possible. Most of all study the star method

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

After completing the initial application, about a week or so later, I received a email to complete the assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. The following day I received an email requesting a phone interview the following week. I just got off my phone interview and the interviewer went over what the job description was and salary and previous experiences. She asked me about three questions and then stated she wanted to set me up on another phone interview with the manager the next week. Hopefully the next one flows as smoothly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer that was not necessarily apart of your job description?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional but not rigid, relaxed and business friendly, about twenty minutes long. That was initial interview, second one today. Many generalized questions, such as give an example of when you went above and beyond for your employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online then about three weeks later I got an email to take an assessment online. It was easy and took about an hour. Within a week I got an email setting up a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it went smoothly, At the end of it we scheduled and appointment for an in-person interview , which I have in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell to a dismissive customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview was very cordial. They asked typical questions. the interviewer seemed to enjoy her job. After the interview they set up another face to face interview at there place of business.

Interview Questions

• have you ever upsold a customer that didnt want to be upsold   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career site. It was fairly easy to navigate. After that I was emailed details on completing an assesment. I believe I did well because I was set up for a phone interview with a member of HR. The representative was very friendly and asked me some behavioral questions. We also went over compensation. I am now due to have a face to face interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to sell a product to a customer that had objected to a product your were trying to sell them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied for a customer service representative online. I was contacted for an interview a month later. Basic Interview questions. Two interviewers. One on the phone and one in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client and try to sell them a product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received and email to complete the assessment. After the assessment, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly thing I should expect along with on-site interview tips. He did ask a few questions like the typical, "How did you overcome an obstacle in your previous jobs." At the end of the phone interview, he passed me along to the next part of the interview process and scheduled me for the on-site interview, which was a week later. The on-site interview went great. They ask a lot of questions (so be prepared for that. Research your STAR questions and prepare these ahead of time). The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was extremely friendly. They really want you to relax so you can go in there and be yourself. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that interview you don't find out if you get the job, they send their recommendation to HR then HR will contact you with the outcome.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and took about 15min. Mainly describing the job and responsibilities and if you had any questions. The asked to briefly explain your work expierences . Towards the end they asked me two interview questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to do an assesment which can take 35-45 min. I was then contacted from a recruiter via email for a phone interview. They called about 20 min late form the appointed time but was very apologetic and nice. Interview was short and to the point, basically stating the job and pay. Only questions were tell me about yourself and how to handle a difficult situation in the past. Then I was scheduled for a Face to Face. Face to Face was very laid back and lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sale someone dismissive of the product?   Answer Question