USAA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received and email to complete the assessment. After the assessment, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly thing I should expect along with on-site interview tips. He did ask a few questions like the typical, "How did you overcome an obstacle in your previous jobs." At the end of the phone interview, he passed me along to the next part of the interview process and scheduled me for the on-site interview, which was a week later. The on-site interview went great. They ask a lot of questions (so be prepared for that. Research your STAR questions and prepare these ahead of time). The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was extremely friendly. They really want you to relax so you can go in there and be yourself. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that interview you don't find out if you get the job, they send their recommendation to HR then HR will contact you with the outcome.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to complete a long assessment before even getting approved for an interview. It consists of scenarios, math, and personality questions If you don't get approved they don't tell you what you did wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied for a customer service representative online. I was contacted for an interview a month later. Basic Interview questions. Two interviewers. One on the phone and one in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client and try to sell them a product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to do an assesment which can take 35-45 min. I was then contacted from a recruiter via email for a phone interview. They called about 20 min late form the appointed time but was very apologetic and nice. Interview was short and to the point, basically stating the job and pay. Only questions were tell me about yourself and how to handle a difficult situation in the past. Then I was scheduled for a Face to Face. Face to Face was very laid back and lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sale someone dismissive of the product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was first. They were accommodating and right on time. Got right to the point and kept things moving. There are tons of steps and people to move you throughout the process. For example I had a recruiter and someone else did the interview. They knew what they were talking about and most of the things stated weren't read from script. (Mostly just the questions)

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you had a difficult situation to over come and how ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a follow up response a couple days later. The process was disorganized; I had been scheduled an interview within a timeframe, but never got a call. When I inquired with the recruiter, I was told I pulled out of the interview citing transportation reasons. I did not do this, and I suspect they did this because I do not drive, despite there being no requirement that applicants have a valid driver's license on their application. (I do not waste my time or employers' time applying to jobs with that requirement.)

They rescheduled the interview, but quickly told me I was not picked for the job as I had suspected they would. People were nice, however.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I did at my former job, then asked questions about my responsibilities there and situational questions based on my answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter who went over the details of the position and reviewed my resume with me. Following were a few questions about my work experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Someone called me to do phone interview the lady that called me had a strong accent, it was hard to understand her and I don't think she understood me. I figured based on that I wasn't going to get the job. About a week later received an email that I was not selected.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did the test online. I received a email confirming my application. A week later I got first interview call and after I finished that the interviewer set me up for another phone inter a week later with a hiring manager. I received the call and there were two people on the call. I went through the interview that was largely based on the STAR behavior questions answering both interviewers. I was told that I would recieve a call or a email if I was going to be hire or not. If I was hired I would need to do a back ground check and drug test. I received the email in about a week stating I need to fill out a back ground check with a third party company called Hireright and go do the drug test. I filled out background check and did the drug test the same day. As the week go's on hireright reaches out to me asking me to provide the documentation for my background check. This doesnt seem right becuase how can you do a background check on me if I am providing the proof of my background??? This continues on for a couple weeks with no word from USAA. Than finaly I get a responce saying they found some things on my background check that I did not disclose. I looked and it was from 16 years ago when I just turned 18. 1 was a littering ticket and the other was a misdemeanor assault charge. I truthfully explained that I had forgotten about it since it was so long ago and explained the circumstances behind it. A week later I received a email informing me that I will not get the position due to back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a upset consumer?
      Tell me about a time where a consumer called in and said they wanted to switch companies because they had a better price, how did you handle it, were you able to retain the consumer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview first--very smooth, very positive, sent email to complete online testing; then in person interview set up with one person in room and other on speaker phone...this was a little awkward as unable to read other interviewer to get a feel of how the interview was going

Interview Questions

• If we called your peers at your current employer, what is one negative thing they would say you need to improve on.   Answer Question