USAA Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I'm already licensed as a Life/Health/Property Casualty insurance producer. Disabled and still forced to take a teat to see if I matched USAA's values. I've been an active USAA member longer than most most CSR's have been alive. It was so fast paced online that their was no way to finish in the blitzkrieg time frame disabled.

Interview Questions

• Online consisted of lengthy word problems, personality assessments and other "psychological"
    questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

After applying they send you an electronic test. The test is pretty easy, a few basic math questions. Take time to read through the practice of the customer service side as it evaluates how well you handle a customer service and sales call. Depending on how well you did on that test then you move to a phone interview. The phone interview asks a lot of sales questions but was a bit easier than the in person. The in-person interview they try to throw you off by asking the usual STAR method questions in a different way. They are looking for how fast you think on your feet and can convince someone to do something ie. get the sale. Still waiting to see if I got an offer. It usually takes about 3-5 days before knowing if you have an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where a customer lost trust in the company and you were able to regain their trust and create a sale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received and email to complete the assessment. After the assessment, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly thing I should expect along with on-site interview tips. He did ask a few questions like the typical, "How did you overcome an obstacle in your previous jobs." At the end of the phone interview, he passed me along to the next part of the interview process and scheduled me for the on-site interview, which was a week later. The on-site interview went great. They ask a lot of questions (so be prepared for that. Research your STAR questions and prepare these ahead of time). The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was extremely friendly. They really want you to relax so you can go in there and be yourself. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that interview you don't find out if you get the job, they send their recommendation to HR then HR will contact you with the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to complete a long assessment before even getting approved for an interview. It consists of scenarios, math, and personality questions If you don't get approved they don't tell you what you did wrong.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

One month ago I applied online. Uploaded my resume. After I applied I was sent an artitrbituon agreement to sign. Once I signed that I received an email to complete an assessment within 48 hours.

The assessment consisted of four parts I believe. There was the behavior part, a typing part, a call center stimulation with four scenerios and a banking math like part. If you've done the scenario for any other call center application, you'll find it familiar. It's honestly a piece of cake.

After I completed the assessment I received a call about a week later to set up a phone interview. The recruiter basically went over pay, hour. Expectations, asked you why you wanted to work for usaa and a few other Star questions. She then set me up for an in person interview a week later.

The inperson interview was your basic star questions. I did research on Glassdoor and it was pretty much the same exact questions. Like, why do you want to work for usaa, where do you see yourself in five years...tell me about a time....
    It was a very comfortable interview. The security guards were kind and told me to relax before I went into my interview. It was a pleasant experience. I was interviewed by on Mánager plus a fella on the phone in Texas. A week later I received a contingent offer based on background check and drug test.

Now this is where it got scary at. My credit is pretty poor because owe a lot in student loans. They do a credit check. They use a company called hireright . Make sure you only put your current job you've recently worked and your most recent education to save time. It took them a week or so to complete mine but I got red flagged for credit. You can look at your background report as it's been completed. They don't put your score on there, they put you're entire credit report on there. It looks as if there were some emails sent back and forth with my recruiter and a background specialist for usaa asking for my credit to be waived.....so we shall see if I receive a final offer. It's great that they put those emails directly on the hireright background report. As it's given me a bit of hope. I haven't received a final offer or denial yet, as it was only finished yesterday but I'm guessing I'll hear back in a few days.

Interview Questions

• See below.

I would also like to add that Id be moving into a completely new field with this job. I geared my resume towards customer service and marketing. I don't have call center experience but that didn't seem to matter.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Typical interaction with a recruiter, then online assessment and phone interview. Then in person interview with a manager. Be prepared to wait weeks in between interview and contact. Then weeks more before interview scheduled. Then weeks more before offer. Then weeks and weeks before start date. The process made me wonder how people currently unemployed handled it. I was currently working and could pay my bills but if I was unemployed, a 4 month process would have been a deal breaker.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The interview process involved typical behavioral questions. However the recruiter who interviewed me was not very responsive or reflective to my answers. Her focus seemed to be only on sales experience and was dismissive to any other responses that did not relate to sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sell something to a dismissive customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional but not rigid, relaxed and business friendly, about twenty minutes long. That was initial interview, second one today. Many generalized questions, such as give an example of when you went above and beyond for your employer.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

online application, online assessment, phone interview, in person background and drug screening the process was easy but for the interview it definitely helps researching the company she asked me why usaa and what do i know about USAA when you answer tie everything back into the customer and how you like the fact that their mission is all about helping military families get into the best financial situation possible. Most of all study the star method

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • list 3 personality traits?   Answer Question
    • name a time you found a problem with the company and how did you address it?   Answer Question
    • name a time you had to over come dismissal? How did you overcome it and get the sale?   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

After completing the initial application, about a week or so later, I received a email to complete the assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. The following day I received an email requesting a phone interview the following week. I just got off my phone interview and the interviewer went over what the job description was and salary and previous experiences. She asked me about three questions and then stated she wanted to set me up on another phone interview with the manager the next week. Hopefully the next one flows as smoothly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer that was not necessarily apart of your job description?   1 Answer