USAA Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Director Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Internal interview is very standard - Situation, Behavior, Outcome. Focus on the outcomes. Standards interview questions but make sure you show how you had an impact on the results. Use "I" instead of "we".

Interview Questions

• What's your best day at work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Several panels of interviews with various leaders in and out of the specific organization. Standard interview questions with an initial phone screen and then on site interviews. The panel interviews and the general interview process are fairly common. The hiring managers focus more on culture alignment and values/mission fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty getting something done and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

This was an internal interview for a promotion. Be prepared and look professional. I do believe there is a bias if you are unfit.

Interview Questions

• Normal question on how you handle difficult situations.   1 Answer
    • Discuss skills and how you apply them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I do believe there is a bias if you are unfit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter initially - generic work background questions.
    Phone interview with hiring manager - background but relaxed, questions were personal and not read from a book.
    Recruiter calls you a few days after hiring manager phone interview to schedule an in person interview. They fly you in to San Antonio and put you up in a hotel for the night. They email you an agenda for the entire day.....I met with 5 people for about one hour each.
    Some of the interviewers read "tell me about a time" type questions but some went off the cuff. They were all supposed to ask the same questions to compare your answers later.
    After returning home I had to wait about 3 weeks before I heard from anyone - I thought I must not have got the job. When they did call it was to schedule another round of all day interviews with yet more department heads. Much of the same questions as the last bunch. This time there was also a "test/quiz" to see if I knew what I was talking about. (example: reviewing items for rules/regs etc).
    It was a very long interview process - so long that I l had looked and found work elsewhere by the time they got back to me - - even though I stressed the importance of a quick response to them ( I knew what I had coming up for interviews elsewhere).

I felt that many of the people working in the department were not qualified and the title sounded more important than the job would have been.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

One phone interview with HR screener. Followed by half day onsite interview. Offer came in two weeks after interview...