USAA Financial Advisor III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Financial Advisor III Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the following day I received an email from a recruiter asking that I fill out an assessment/personality test. Once completed the recruiter contacted me to find a time for a phone interview. The next step in the process was to complete a background check and drug test along with scheduling an in person interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you were faced with a professional challenge, how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time that you overcame an objection from a client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Advisor III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called me and asked about my qualifications and set up an interview. I did a drug test and background check before interview. Coming from a Reputable Financial Advisor job I can tell you this is not a Financial Advisor position. I met with the managers who were dressed in jeans. Yes Jeans!!! I was in a nice suit and was confused why the managers during the interview were so dressed down. They asked me pretty simple questions and we did role play exercises. During the role playing I was told "this is a one and done sale". To my surprise I was used to being a full service financial advisor with a holistic view of peoples finances and building relationships. Another company seeming not to care about the well being of there military members. Sad

Interview Questions

• If you want the job just tell them your a One and Done type of person   1 Answer

Financial Advisor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA in January 2016.

Interview

This was the longest, worst interview/application process I've ever been through. I applied through glassdoor and had to comolete an online application and assesmnet that was supposed to take 30 minutes and it took 2 hours cause their website kept freezing. I got a phone interview, but he recruiter forgot about our appointment and had to reschedule. I was told this was a financial advisor roll and I had all the licenses I would need. I was told I needed to complete a background check and drug test within 3 days. This process was horrible because the 3rd party they used was completely unorganized. I did get a face to face interview about 2 weeks later. This again was rescheduled because USAA is also unorganized. In the interview I was told that this was for a sales job and not for a financial advisor. Of course I was unprepared for the sales questions and roll play. The did a bait and switch in the job discription. The recruiter was mysteriously no longer available to talk to after the interview. I called several times and left messages and never heard back. I got an email over a month later that said the position was filed and not to reply to the email. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. If this is how they treat candidates I can only imagine how they treat employees. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM USAA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Brief chat with recruiter. This goes over education, current and previous roles and why you would be a good fit at USAA. After that they have you in for a face to face interview with two managers---one is primarily taking notes and the other asking most of the questions. A couple days after the interview the recruiter mentioned I had made it to background. Urine test and verifying data on resume.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a cell phone/SBO questions--situation/behavior/outcome. Really their goal is to find out how you handle tough situations.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Interview

Went to a meet and greet, hooked up with a recruiter who scheduled an interview with me.

Two interviewers, one who asked questions, and the other who typed on a computer, chewing gum the entire time. Not an overwhelming welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• husband and wife walk into your office. They are both 30 years old. They have a 1 year old, 10k in savings, 6k in credit card debt. What three questions do you ask them?

they then provided more information on the scenario and asked for three recommendations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Addison, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

2 managers in a room. go over general stuff then as a situational question. It varies from analyzing a case study (always say buy life insurance!), sell me this pen/widget. One manager talks, the other is silent. Very dry and to the point. I recommend mentioning life insurance as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• case study review of couple with woefully low life insurance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Interview

I submitted my information (resume) online. Got a an email invite to submit a full, online application. Thereafter I was scheduled for a brief phone screen with the USAA recruiter. After passing the phone screen, I was scheduled for a face-to-face meeting with the hiring managers (2 of them).

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview with a recruiter. Then came an in person interview with two managers. During this interview I was asked about product knowledge, goals and presentation.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell a cell phone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

1-Phone Interview, pretty standard going over resume.
    2-Test to test your skills on the phone, mainly customer services, computer accuracy, and typing
    3- face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Why would you rather work here than any other company you could apply for a job at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

Great interview process. I was contacted only a day after I initially submitted my resume, and asked to submit a formal application on their career website. The same day I completed the application I was scheduled for a phone interview. Phone interview was very smooth, typical informational interview. A great opportunity to learn a little more about the company and what they are expecting of applicants. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview for that same week. Very casual atmosphere, and a very standard interview.