USAA Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It was comprehensive and case based. Two in person interviews, one on campus. Interviewed with multiple people. Had a background screening. Had a drug test. Met a lot of people in the process. Interviewers were outgoing and kind.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. All of the interviews were very comfortable and the entire process took about 3 weeks. The recruiter was very helpful and the directors that interviewed me made the interview not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to meet a pressing deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked me a few questions about my resume and then proceeded to ask a couple of behavioral questions followed by one analytical question. In addition they asked me a few questions such as "why did I choose my field of study" and "why did I decide to apply at USAA".

Interview Questions

• If you had $100 million dollars to invest in a company, what are some key things you would consider?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, nothing too difficult. Asked a question about what you would invest in. Invited me to a business dinner to meet the candidates the day before the interview to get to know everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

First taken to dinner where we got to meet the other applicants and interviewers, which was very nice. They told us about their experiences as an intern and the interview process. 45 minute one on one interview with a lot of behavioral questions. The interviewer was really laid back and very nice. Followed the script given and then just discussed school for the rest of the time.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite class in college so far and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview process was interesting. There were two people asking me questions on one end of the table. I felt a little nervous considering this was one of my first job interviews with a company of this size. The interviewers try to make the interview process easy by making you comfortable. They will then go into certain details of what you learned in your classes so that they can see what you grasped from them.

Interview Questions

• They ask you a standard set of questions to give each individual an equal chance at getting hired. There were a lot and I'm sure you can find these online. One specific question I remember them asking included what were some recent difficulties you came across and how did you overcome those difficulties.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting website. Was contacted for a first-round interview. Had dinner the with the employers the night before. First interview was behavioral/fit - mainly asking about you and why USAA. Was contacted within two weeks for a second round interview at their headquarters in San Antonio. The second round took most of the day, and consisted of a 30 minute one-on-on interview, a online skills assignment, and a group case study/presentation, as well as a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges facing the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Very smooth and easy experience. I am going through the interview process of the CFO program. Hard to find information about it online. Begins with 10 week internship then finish of your senior year and come back to work after graduation with a full time job. Wonderful program to be apart of. I am current on the final interview for a total of two. Very comfortable people to speak with during an initial two person panel interview. The final interview is onsite and includes a stay at a nice hotel in San Antonio along with a dinner with all the applicants the night before. Interviews and site tour the following day. So far so good!

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you helped lead a team.
      Many typical behavioral questions. Just make sure you have stories to back them up!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring Process required two rounds on interviews. One on campus with a Vice President, and then a series of interviews at their office, which they refer to as a campus, with several employees. The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions in the first round; however the second round introduced some technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Very through process.
    First phone interview, followed by an on site 1:1 interviews, background check (complete) and drug tests.
    Once accepted, have to go through a New Employee Orientation which is an excellent way to present the culture and philosophy of the company.

Interview Questions

• Practical case. Was asked what would I do on a specific situation with no information whatsoever.   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation that has represented a challenge for you and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are comfortable with the offer, take it. The benefits are second to none and it is a great place to work overall.