USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Easy phone interview, Easy face interview, quickly hired as at that time they were making offers to just about everyone. Had to submit to fingerprints and gruling background checks, then went through a 2 week class to study and take the insurance license test for about 25 states.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL).

Interview

A lot of ice breaker questions - the intent is to get to know you.
    Followed up with your typical "Tell me about a time when..."
    At the end a quick summary and then you have the time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Innovation, sales and overcoming objections, upset customer and multitasking. Wording is easy. OK to ask verifying questions and/or take notes.
      A big focus is on sales - need to prepare for that and have a really good example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was a relatively long process: online assessment, phone interview, in person interview, background check... the whole process takes about a month before you receive official offer. Interview process was comfortable though. You work with recruiter within the company and do feel you are being assisted during the process.

Interview Questions

• The most important question they stress is "Can you handle working in a call center environment?". I now see they stress this for a reason because it is definitely not for everyone.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA in October 2015.

Interview

All online never got to even speak to anyone. Only had 48 hours to respond was out of town with limited internet and my application submitted incomplete. Did not have a way to retrieve the application to submit

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of the company that you found compelling enough to apply.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then I was called in to take a computer tests to determine my skills with multitasking on more then one computer screen. This was later followed by an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about an hour or so, then got an invite for person interview in the San Antonio campus a couple of days. Got an offer via email two days later after of course you get your drug screening and background check passed. Average difficulty level on the interview, nothing you wouldn't expect for a customer service job. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview seemed to be just a training session for a new Hiring Manager human employee; with no intent to hire anyone. A Hiring Manager and the trainee were conducting the in-office interview. They seemed to be more interested in who I knew that currently worked at USAA than my skills. Each time I would name someone they would look them up on the company computer program. They kept thanking me for my military service throughout the interview. I guess that is the "politically correct" thing to do even if it's not genuine. Again, it was a waste of my time to just be uses as a training tool.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I got an email asking me to take an assessment. After I took and passed the assessment, I got a call to schedule a phone interview about a week later. I also got an email to start my background and credit check. I'm glad they started the background check then because it took a long time. Some information I had to give them more than once. After I did the phone interview, I was contacted about a week later for the face-to-face interview. I was offered the job about a week and a half after that. In total, the entire process took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a rime when you had to convince someone to buy something that they originally had no interest in?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking me to take an assessment, then 2 days later got another email with a phone interview day and time. After the phone interview, they set me up with an on-site interview. Offered me the job within a few days

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

After doing an online questionnaire I was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. I was told it would take a few days for a manager to review my answers and if I was selected I would do an in person interview. I don't like having to wait to see how I did but this has become the new norm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question