USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not.
Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

phone interview consist of basic questions ...why did you leave your last job ..what made you choose usaa for employment ...what do you know about the job you apllying for. the if they like wha they hear the will set up a face to face ..that's when they ask for detailed answers like tell me time you didn't like what you manager was doing and how'd you handle that

Interview Questions

• name a time some one came to you with an issue how did you fix the problem and why did it become an issue   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied in October 2010 and received an email from the recruiter in December 2010 to schedule a phone interview. She asked basic behavioral questions and confirmed info on my resume. The same day I was scheduled for an in-person interview for about two weeks later. There I was interviewed by two individuals, one asking questions and the other typing mu responses. They asked tons of behavioral questions and about my career goals. It lasted about 45 minutes. I got a call from the recruiter about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I knew the chance of getting more money would ne slim to none. However a coworker of mine did and got a slightly (very slightly) higher salary.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process.

The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole.

That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks.

I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your typical day consists of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First was a test. I then had a phone interview. The next step was a 2 person interview in the office. There was long periods of time between each step. I had to call my recruiter several times to see what was next.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It's been 3 years... but from what I can remember you sit down in a small room with 2 people (one who does the talking the other who is the scribe\typer) and they ask about previous employment and typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview seemed to be just a training session for a new Hiring Manager human employee; with no intent to hire anyone. A Hiring Manager and the trainee were conducting the in-office interview. They seemed to be more interested in who I knew that currently worked at USAA than my skills. Each time I would name someone they would look them up on the company computer program. They kept thanking me for my military service throughout the interview. I guess that is the "politically correct" thing to do even if it's not genuine. Again, it was a waste of my time to just be uses as a training tool.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Pre-lim: After your application is submitted, you will likely be asked to complete an online evaluation and typing quiz to assess your abilities. If you pass this portion, you will be selected for a phone interview.

Step #1: phone interview. The recruiter asked simplistic questions with regard to my background and experience, then some "what if" questions to get a sense of your personality.

If selected to advance, a drug screening is required immediately after said conversation. If you pass the test and the background check, you will be scheduled for step #2.

Step #2: In person interview. You will meet with a recruiter and likely someone from HR [in my case, the second person was conferenced in on my phone]. This is the more formalized interview. Questions are more business-centered.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to interact with a difficult customer? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA in October 2015.

Interview

All online never got to even speak to anyone. Only had 48 hours to respond was out of town with limited internet and my application submitted incomplete. Did not have a way to retrieve the application to submit

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of the company that you found compelling enough to apply.   Answer Question