USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

First was a test. I then had a phone interview. The next step was a 2 person interview in the office. There was long periods of time between each step. I had to call my recruiter several times to see what was next.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, one with manager and one with a recruiter. Recruiter was knowledgable. They made it a smooth transition into the company. Manager gave detail description of what my first 30 and 90 days would look like at the company. They made me excited to work there.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Since I was several hours away from the home office, my interview was over the phone. I received emails from the recruiter advising me on what to expect and how to prepare, and a confirmation of the scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• A series of psychological questions to help determine how you handle situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It's been 3 years... but from what I can remember you sit down in a small room with 2 people (one who does the talking the other who is the scribe\typer) and they ask about previous employment and typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I had one interview on the company campus with a hiring manager. She asked me questions about my goals and aspirations, my views on the company and its values, and why I thought I would be good at the job in question. There was clearly an advantage to me coming from a military family of several generations and already being a USAA member. I was able to speak to the company's core values from a position of experience, which the interviewer clearly valued.

Interview Questions

• How do you know about USAA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview seemed to be just a training session for a new Hiring Manager human employee; with no intent to hire anyone. A Hiring Manager and the trainee were conducting the in-office interview. They seemed to be more interested in who I knew that currently worked at USAA than my skills. Each time I would name someone they would look them up on the company computer program. They kept thanking me for my military service throughout the interview. I guess that is the "politically correct" thing to do even if it's not genuine. Again, it was a waste of my time to just be uses as a training tool.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in November 2012.

Interview

The HR recruiter very nice and friendly. She made me feel comfortable. Then she told me I was to going to the next step to speak with a manager. The manager was very nice and approachable. Couple of days later received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Easy phone interview, Easy face interview, quickly hired as at that time they were making offers to just about everyone. Had to submit to fingerprints and gruling background checks, then went through a 2 week class to study and take the insurance license test for about 25 states.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL).

Interview

A lot of ice breaker questions - the intent is to get to know you.
    Followed up with your typical "Tell me about a time when..."
    At the end a quick summary and then you have the time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Innovation, sales and overcoming objections, upset customer and multitasking. Wording is easy. OK to ask verifying questions and/or take notes.
      A big focus is on sales - need to prepare for that and have a really good example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Pre-lim: After your application is submitted, you will likely be asked to complete an online evaluation and typing quiz to assess your abilities. If you pass this portion, you will be selected for a phone interview.

Step #1: phone interview. The recruiter asked simplistic questions with regard to my background and experience, then some "what if" questions to get a sense of your personality.

If selected to advance, a drug screening is required immediately after said conversation. If you pass the test and the background check, you will be scheduled for step #2.

Step #2: In person interview. You will meet with a recruiter and likely someone from HR [in my case, the second person was conferenced in on my phone]. This is the more formalized interview. Questions are more business-centered.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to interact with a difficult customer? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer