USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Financial Foundations Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in February 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. Phone interview was a general screen to make sure I was still interested and willing to work the requested shifts listed in the application. The second interview was your standard job interview.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Describe a situation where... How did you hear of us... What makes you want to work here...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Hr and management from department. Behavioral interview questions. Very engaging and provide you with details of what is expected of you on the job. Ask multiple situation questions and provided you with schedule and advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not at all

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a work from home job. Took an assessment a few days later. Received an interview over the phone a few weeks later. A month and a half later had the final interview. Application process took a total of 2 and half months before a decision was made. Training does not start for another month. Background check was a bit tough. Very strict on times and dates of employment and drug testing. Recruiter and background check department weren't very good at communicating and gave me incorrect directions several times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a goal and how did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered $32,000/yr.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, one with manager and one with a recruiter. Recruiter was knowledgable. They made it a smooth transition into the company. Manager gave detail description of what my first 30 and 90 days would look like at the company. They made me excited to work there.

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

got a phone call just talking about benefits, and training. then i was told I will be contacted soon by hiring managers. the interview was fast. they both were nice and friendly

Interview Questions

• I was nervous, it wasn't hard just behavior questions and past experience. Hiring managers were nice and friendly   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Assessment test, Phone interview first. Then called in for in-person interview. Two people in the room with one typing your responses and the other the lead in asking questions. Lots and lots of questions about whether you have done sales or not.
    Background check was quite extensive. The company definitely has a good reputation and deals with a lot of military so the expectation was quite high on what they would ask. It was a little nerve wrecking. Application online was a little annoying and it seemed like you had redundant information entered over and over again at many steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• The usual, "Tell me about a time when" -you reached a goal, -had a difficult situation, -disagreed with a boss or coworker, - what you did, how you did it, and what was the results.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Interview

Did the online assesment took about 1 month to hear back have my phone interveiw today. The recruiter emailed me several times ensuring me that I would be called so it was just a waiting game as to when

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I applied for an open position with USAA, and successfully passed my phone interview, drug screening and background check. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was conducted by one interviewer and another on speaker phone. My interviewer was unprofessional, crass and blatantly rude. She accused me of not being able to hold a job, which I have only had two jobs in the past 7 years, including my present employment. The interviewer repeatedly cut me off in mid sentence, and would not answer any of my questions with more than a "yes" or "no". I have never not passed an interview process, and I have extremely good work ethics and management experience. I also come from a military family, and we have been members of USAA for over thirty years. I'm seriously considering getting new service because of the despicable way I was treated. I feel like I dodged a bullet! If you treat prospective employees that way, I can't imagine how current employees feel.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate a time when you had to make a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA in October 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward and quick. You are invited to take an online assessment, if you pass the assessment you have an initial phone screening with a recruiter. The phone screening last about 30 minutes, the recruiter describes the position and salary ($34,000 for this one) and gives you an opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter will decide whether or not to recommend you for an interview with the hiring manager. During the interview, there are two people, one who asks the questions and another to type what you are saying. Questions are pretty standard and open-ended to get a better feel for your qualifications.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Since I was several hours away from the home office, my interview was over the phone. I received emails from the recruiter advising me on what to expect and how to prepare, and a confirmation of the scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• A series of psychological questions to help determine how you handle situations.   Answer Question