USAA Financial Foundations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. After initially applying I recieved a phone call 2days later from their HR department in which they conducted a light screening to see if I would be a good fit for the role. After getting the ok to proceed to the next step. I was told I would have a phone interview later that week with a hiring manager. This interview was also pretty simple. It consisted of your typical customer service interview questions (i.e. "Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer, what was the situation, and what did you do to diffuse the situation?"). Overall the interview lasted about 30mins and once I was done they immediately informed me that they would like me to come in and meet in person with a department manager for one final round of interviews. This interview was alot tougher then the 1st call. When i arrived, i was told i would be interviewing with 3 managers as apposed to 1. This initially made me nervous a little but I play to win, so I put my game face on and got myself mentally prepared. This interview had alot behavioral type interview questions and focused on sales alot more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to interact with a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,
    Received email 6 days later
    5 days after I completed and passed assessment,
    I received email scheduling phone interview the following Friday, but I had to reschedule for Monday the following week.

At this point I had successfully passed round 1 of interviews with recruiter. I was then, prompted to complete background check and drug test. I am scheduled for an interview with a Hirng Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that would help you in fulfilling job requirements?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I received an email with in a few days of finishing an online assessment (3 months before the training class was to begin). After a couple emails the interview was scheduled almost four weeks later. Typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary. 2nd interview was scheduled at the end of the first interview for another 3 weeks later. This interview process of weeks inbetween interviews I found to be a bit nerve-racking, since I really wanted this job (the starting pay is awsome for my area) and didn't know how hard I should still be looking for a job. I slowed my job search and waited. 10 days before the second interview I received a call to reschedule for a couple more day later, then another call to reschedule the time. 4 days before the second interview they called to let me know they had filled all the positions. DISAPPOINTING

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you helped an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a USAA recruiter based on an application from several months ago. I had to fill out an application, and then take an assessment. The assessment covered allot of ground and included some simulations of computer systems similar to the ones USAA uses. I was then notified that I would have a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Once past the phone interview, they started the background investigation and drug test and scheduled the on-campus interview. This process took about a month and then the form letter came 4 days later "we regret to inform you..." This is a very stressful and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell a travel package to a client.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Very lengthy two phone interviews one was about five minutes long the other was about an hour an a half with two individuals on a conference call. Overall it was a good interview they were both very patient an did not rich me an made sure to explain each question very thoroughly

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged with a project but over came the difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered 34k

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview, if they like you they will send you an online assessment. Then there is the in person interview where the final decision is made. The phone interview is very basic and just lets you know about the position and asks some basic questions to determine if you both feel like moving forward. The online assessment is pretty simple, just a portion to test how you handle simulations of a mock call. Then a portion of how you would handle certain situations. Last was the in person interview where they would really go in depth and start drilling down to specific questions and situations to determine if you are a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about how I have dealt with angry or upset customers before.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

applied online...received email to do an assessment...got a phone interview...was scheduled for manager interview the next day...still waiting on a yes or no. Interview was not to difficult. Was one person and she was very down to earth.

Interview Questions

• All were mostly situational questions where she wanted to the know the problem, how i attempted to fix it , and how it ended up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

You have to pass a test, then a recruiter call you, drug test and face to face interview. It was the worst interview of my life. HR lady was very unethical and don't even look at me when I'm talking, it was very disappointing. The Recruiter was awesome and professional however this lady (face to face interviewer) needs to be in another department because she doesn't represent the values of that company. I think she don't even like Hispanic people even with a really good preparation for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I completed the very extensive application, assessment and simulated call situations. I had a phone interview with HR that lasted about 20 minutes. Had an in-person interview a couple of days later with 2 woman who each asked scenario questions and typed notes. They were very clear about their micromanaging. Also, they required that I give up my Fl Health Insurance as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a customer service mistake and how you resolved it. Give an example of how you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by phone interview, drug testing, on line assessment, and background check. Final interview with HR mgr and dept mgr at home site. Less than one hour to complete.

Interview Questions

• Pretending to be a travel agent and overcoming objections that have nothing to do with insurance.   1 Answer