USAA Financial Foundations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

You have to pass a test, then a recruiter call you, drug test and face to face interview. It was the worst interview of my life. HR lady was very unethical and don't even look at me when I'm talking, it was very disappointing. The Recruiter was awesome and professional however this lady (face to face interviewer) needs to be in another department because she doesn't represent the values of that company. I think she don't even like Hispanic people even with a really good preparation for this position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Was first contact in early May by recruiting about a position I applied for 3 weeks prior she said that position was filled but they was calling me about a position that started in 1 week. I informed them that I wouldnt do that to my current employer and was moving form another state. She then stated there was a class in late July and if I would like to set up a interview for the next day. The next day another recruiter called and had no knowledge I declined the class starting in a week and said she call me next week to schedule another interview as she was still hiring for the May class. 5 weeks went by before they contact me again after I left messages and emailed them to set up a interview. During the interview the recruiter stated this is a high volume call center no off the phone time which I am not used to and you have to be in your position for 2 years. The benefits where great though. She then scheduled me for a phone interview with a hiring manager. After, I thought about it and didnt want to proceed as I know i would hate the position. I sent a email withdrawing myself. The day of my interview the hiring still called for the interview which shocked me and I have to say had to be the rudust interview ever. She was so negative about USAA- she said there are no exception to get off the phone, you have to show up to work every day no excuses, you have to make a sale on every call no exception. She never said nothing positive about the company. After that, I was so not interested so I blew the interview and lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went over and beyond for a member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. After initially applying I recieved a phone call 2days later from their HR department in which they conducted a light screening to see if I would be a good fit for the role. After getting the ok to proceed to the next step. I was told I would have a phone interview later that week with a hiring manager. This interview was also pretty simple. It consisted of your typical customer service interview questions (i.e. "Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer, what was the situation, and what did you do to diffuse the situation?"). Overall the interview lasted about 30mins and once I was done they immediately informed me that they would like me to come in and meet in person with a department manager for one final round of interviews. This interview was alot tougher then the 1st call. When i arrived, i was told i would be interviewing with 3 managers as apposed to 1. This initially made me nervous a little but I play to win, so I put my game face on and got myself mentally prepared. This interview had alot behavioral type interview questions and focused on sales alot more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to interact with a difficult client. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview, if they like you they will send you an online assessment. Then there is the in person interview where the final decision is made. The phone interview is very basic and just lets you know about the position and asks some basic questions to determine if you both feel like moving forward. The online assessment is pretty simple, just a portion to test how you handle simulations of a mock call. Then a portion of how you would handle certain situations. Last was the in person interview where they would really go in depth and start drilling down to specific questions and situations to determine if you are a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about how I have dealt with angry or upset customers before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,
    Received email 6 days later
    5 days after I completed and passed assessment,
    I received email scheduling phone interview the following Friday, but I had to reschedule for Monday the following week.

At this point I had successfully passed round 1 of interviews with recruiter. I was then, prompted to complete background check and drug test. I am scheduled for an interview with a Hirng Manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that would help you in fulfilling job requirements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a USAA recruiter based on an application from several months ago. I had to fill out an application, and then take an assessment. The assessment covered allot of ground and included some simulations of computer systems similar to the ones USAA uses. I was then notified that I would have a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Once past the phone interview, they started the background investigation and drug test and scheduled the on-campus interview. This process took about a month and then the form letter came 4 days later "we regret to inform you..." This is a very stressful and drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell a travel package to a client.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I received an email with in a few days of finishing an online assessment (3 months before the training class was to begin). After a couple emails the interview was scheduled almost four weeks later. Typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary. 2nd interview was scheduled at the end of the first interview for another 3 weeks later. This interview process of weeks inbetween interviews I found to be a bit nerve-racking, since I really wanted this job (the starting pay is awsome for my area) and didn't know how hard I should still be looking for a job. I slowed my job search and waited. 10 days before the second interview I received a call to reschedule for a couple more day later, then another call to reschedule the time. 4 days before the second interview they called to let me know they had filled all the positions. DISAPPOINTING

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you helped an angry customer.   1 Answer

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Very lengthy two phone interviews one was about five minutes long the other was about an hour an a half with two individuals on a conference call. Overall it was a good interview they were both very patient an did not rich me an made sure to explain each question very thoroughly

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged with a project but over came the difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered 34k

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I completed the very extensive application, assessment and simulated call situations. I had a phone interview with HR that lasted about 20 minutes. Had an in-person interview a couple of days later with 2 woman who each asked scenario questions and typed notes. They were very clear about their micromanaging. Also, they required that I give up my Fl Health Insurance as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a customer service mistake and how you resolved it. Give an example of how you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

The company is choosy about whom it hires. That is great. They only want the best of the best working there, and I am all for that considering that they serve the best customer base our country has to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? This question was difficult because I did not really want to get into any issues I have with my current employer.   1 Answer