USAA IT College Hire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT - College Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I met with USAA at a college career fair and talked to a recruiter about my experience in software development. After our discussion, I was invited for a formal interview for the next day while they were still on campus. But I was heading out of town so they arranged me a phone interview for next week with an IT manager. The interview lasted about an hour and wasn't too complicated. Mostly asked me behavioral questions and was given one logic puzzle and a design question. For the design question I was asked how I would design a mobile banking app. A couple of weeks later I received a notification that they would fly me out to their San Antonio headquarters for more interviews.

The first interview you do is with another candidate. We were required to solve a sudoku puzzle together while another couple of USAA employees observed us.

The second interview you do is also with another candidate. We were required to work together to solve a design problem while another couple of USAA employees observed us.

The third interview you do is just you and another couple of USAA employees for an hour. This interview was very similar to the initial phone interview, where I talked about my experiences and they gave me a logic puzzle and a design problem.

Although I applied for IT, they offered me a software developer position. I ended up declining it because the salary is below average for a software developer.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an application for managers to keep track of their employees' labors?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA (El Paso, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at University career center. Received email invitation for second interview over a month later. Second interview was held in San Antonio, Texas. Both interviews are primarily behavioral-based, with some logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, specifically on how you work in teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The process: Meet at career fair, moderately comprehensive interview on campus, very comprehensive interview on-site in San Antonio (they fly you out). Interview itself: drive to USAA office, have breakfast, meet the IT recruiter and some other folks, go into a room for pair interviews, creative/innovative pair interview, individual logic interviews (be yourself! if you don't know you won't be the whole time you work there!), go back to group and learn about potential roles/the company/the benefits etc, tour of site, driven to airport. The people are extremely kind, be sure to really get to know them, as they will help you decide if you're values align with theirs.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with USAA at a college career fair and had an interview at my university that same day. A USAA employee asked me about my skills and then gave me a logic puzzle to complete within 5 minutes. I received an email from USAA a week later setting up an interview at USAA in San Antonio. The interview at Corporate had two parts: a teamwork assessment and then an interview with two USAA employees. I got a call from USAA a week later informing me that they were offering me a job. I took it without hesitation. USAA is an amazing company with stellar benefits!

Interview Questions

• How would you design a package tracking system from departure to delivery?   Answer Question

College Hire IT Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with an IT director. The process started off with: tell me about yourself....Then I was asked an algebra problem with databases....Then behavioral questions....Then describe a traffic system (p2p vs client-server)....And lastly if I were to teach a programming language that I have never learned, how would I go about doing so. It lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult analysis you have ever had?   Answer Question

IT College Hire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online through my campus website and got an on-campus interview. The interview was more technical than what I expected (for being an MIS major), they asked me a series of behavioral questions, the usual "tell me a time when...". Then a series of technical questions started, I was asked to design a car traffic system comparing peer to peer vs. server-client. I was also asked an algebraic question regarding databases. Lastly I was asked what would I do if I had to teach a programming language to someone in two weeks, and I had no prior knowledge whatsoever of that programming language.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was the one to design a car traffic system comparing peer to peer vs. server-client   1 Answer