USAA IT Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA IT Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at USAA

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

After an on-campus 1:1 interview with behavioral, situational and a logic question. I was flown to the headquarters. They hosted my group in a hotel by the riverwalk and we had a networking dinner. Next day consisted of a tour, drug test, presentations on the company and another interview. The second interview 2:1 was very much like the first with only one technical question and the rest being behavioral and situational.

Interview Questions

• Explain a risk you took and how it turned out.   Answer Question
  • If you had unlimited money and unlimited technological innovation, what would you put in your dream house?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Met a recruiter at Career Fair and passed my resume along to him. I received an interview from our university career website. I researched the company and the intern position description. The interview took about an hour with behavioral questions, calculating questions, and creative thinking questions.

Interview Questions

• A business is about to go bankrupt. This business sells generic products. Choose one of the 4 products and how would you improve or change this product.
      1) Candle
      2) Piggy bank
      3) Mouse pad
      4) Towel   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with an IT employee at a Computing conference. The interview consisted of the usual behavioral questions and some thought provoking questions. There were also a couple of technical questions, dealing with database growth rates. A few weeks after the interview I was contacted for second round interviews at the San Antonio campus. They flew me out and put all the interviewees at the Omni. We had dinner that night then breakfast, interviews, and, a tour of the campus the next day. The interview was 2:1 and followed the same format of the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the implications of moving the computing society to the cloud.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (College Station, TX).

Interview

Three part interview with a recruiter. First portion was behavioral. The second part of the interview was a two part critical thinking portion. Then the last was situational.

Interview Questions

• There was a critical thinking question about data utilization rates on certain disks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Lubbock, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was held at my university campus. A lot of behavioral questions, and a few technical and logic questions. They are very relaxed and want to get a feel for the type of person you are, because they are looking for people who will fit well into their company culture. Don't worry about answering their logic questions incorrectly - they are looking for your problem solving abilities rather than the right answer. The best thing to do is to walk through your steps after you've worked the problem, or talk it out as you're working through it.

Interview Questions

• How would you innovate a company's existing product? (Ex. Candle making company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was simple. They recruited on campus for first round of interviews. A second round of interviews was done on the USAA campus with 2 interviewees. It's the usual behavioral questions like "how would you handle a situation where this happen?" and then some more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• There was a little math problem to solve. I'm an MIS major so didn't really expect to be solving a math question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact started at a career expo where instead of waiting at their booth they sought out candidates. From there after a brief chat over the companies mission I gave them my resume and was sent on my way. They then contacted me a few weeks later for the initial on-campus interviews.

The interview was with two IT managers and was primarily over my resume and three questions. One a mathematical logic question to test your reasoning, a second over a difficult situation I have had to deal with before between coworkers, and the last was a way to improve transportation within a company to eliminate the slowness of elevators.

After that interview I was contacted for an on-site interview at their headquarters. They arranged for lodging at an area hotel. At the hotel we had dinner with 3-4 IT managers where we were able to ask questions about the company in general and get to know them a bit better. The next day we took a limo-van to their building where we awaited to be interviewed. The interview was once again with two IT managers and generally the same question with different situations involved. After that we got a tiny tour of the local buildings and then we got an overall tour of their entire location. After that we finalized some paperwork and were sent back on our ways.

Interview Questions

• I did not find much of their interview process to be difficult. I guess the part that they would find difficult is that since I come from a military background I tend to not question the situation and just work to improve it.   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Few technical questions for the 2nd round interview. Then on sight interview to see if we would enjoy the campus/job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate as the original offer was great.

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

3 stages 1st Math Questions , 2nd Design Questions app for meeting scheduling for geographically distributed company. What will you consider. 3rd CRM with big data what all u can do with that data

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mostly behavioral and "brain teaser" type questions.   Answer Question