USAA IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

In my experience, you either meet a recruiter and they suggest you apply online or you just apply on line. Next, a group of seemingly qualified candidates are brought in for in person interviews at your university. From there a group of probably less that 4 or so will go to /be flown to USAA in San Antonio. Once in SA there is dinner, and a ew rounds of interviews the next day. There are situational interviews with a partner, and individual interviews with two USAA employees. You will likely be asked mostly behavioral questions with a couple technical questions. After the interviews you have a lunch and an HR person comes in to talk to you about the benefits and what it's like to work there. Lastly there is a tour of the (really cool) campus and then they send you home.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? What is a time you had to deal with conflict with a coworker? Things of that nature.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 3 behavioral questions along with 1 logic question and 2 design questions. Typical questions that could be answered using STAR. The first logic question and design question were on paper, while the 3rd question was asked verbally and you had to explain your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What other methods besides security questions could be used to verify someone's identity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The first 1:1 interview was held at my university which consisted of design and logic questions. A couple weeks later I received a call inviting me back for a second interview. They flew me out to San Antonio where I went through a group interview where they tested my ability to work with others. There was another 1:1 interview that was very similar to the first interview that consisted of math logic questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

on campus interview followed by an on site interview. Lots of behavioral questions about what you would do in different situations. The on site interview had 2 interviewers and the on campus just one. They do the drug test on campus now which saves you some time. The offer was a little slow to arrive.

Interview Questions

• If you could design a high tech home, what would it have in if?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter multiple times on campus, then I was invited for an on-campus interview. The interview was one logic problem and multiple behavioral questions and questions about previous projects, work experience, and classes. I was then contacted by email to go to the main campus, with a dinner the night before with other intern candidates and managers. The next morning was a more technical interview (still not as technical as other interviews I've done) with overall design idea of a system and more logic and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with coming up with ideas that benefit the business of USAA while implementing the camera on a mobile phone. What ideas do you propose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiter at on-campus event and was offered an interview after I contacted them afterwards. First round was mostly behavioral with a simple logic problem at the end where they just wanted to hear me talk through my problem solving process.

Second/Final round was at headquarters in San Antonio. Was treated very well with overnight accommodations and a dinner with recruiters and other applicants the night before interviews. Next morning started with presentation on company/position and a tour of campus. Interviewed with two employees, again behavioral a with a slightly more technical problem to walk through. Also had a group interview where you and a partner solve a Sudoku problem together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Thoughtful and professional. The first initial phone call was useful in deciding weather or not I wanted to continue on through the interview process. Interviewers were knowledgeable and asked relevant questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview. Didn't interview with an HR recruiter, but a member of the IT team. Shortly in the interview, I felt very uncomfortable. Not sure if I made him feel uncomfortable at first, but I was just answering the questions that were given in a very straight-forward answer and whatever was on my resume as detailed as I could be. It seemed as if the person I was interviewing with had already made a decision whether or not I would be moved onto the second round or not. Got a call a week later saying I didn't get moved onto the second round.

Interview Questions

• Simple algebra question and written portion to describe how I would build an application   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

After a college career fair, they got back to me and set up an interview. I was asked basic behavioral questions that you will find in any simple Google search and asked to create a mobile app. Overall the interview was not too tough and gave me an opportunity to interact with the person who was interviewing me.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Met recruiters at a university career fair and was invited to an on campus interview. I was then contacted two weeks later for an on site final interview. The first interview consisted of primarily personality trait questions and wasn't very technical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a time I had to take a risk, and how it turned out.   Answer Question