USAA Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Insurance Agent Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2015.

Interview

Received a phone interview with HR. The interview lasted about thirty minutes. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. I had applied for the job on their website. Had to go through a series of questions during the application process. Once I submitted the app it took several weeks before I heard anything back. You can log into their site and get the status of your submission - that's helpful.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time that I had been faced with a problem in a past job and how the issue was resolved.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Indeed.com, received an email about an hour afterwards asking to do an assessment test. About 2 days after taking the assessment test I received another email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview took less then 15mins and just your basic star questions so if you're unaware of what they are I would do some researching. Towards the end of the phone interview I was offered to come by and do a campus interview a week from then. When I got to the campus very staff member that I met was very friendly while I waited to be called back for the interview. I was interview by two managers. One of the managers just sits and types on the computer typing all of your answers into the system while the other manager does the interview questions. The manager on the computer will ask their own questions here and there. Once again all of the questions where star questions they will have your resume in hand. Towards the end they told me about the job and how they are only going to hire 12 per class and that they will make their decision at the end of the day and I would hear back from them in 3-5 days. Two days after the interview I receive an email simply stating that the interview went well and the background check is currently on going and thanks for my patience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA? Tell me about a time when you have to multitask using analytical skills without drawing on call center experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I had to take a general knowledge test online. It was basic. Can you read, think, and write? Then I had a phone interview, and an in-person interview. The people that interviewed me were very nice and laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

It's basically the same questions most places ask. Main difference is that the management wants to see how coachable you are. They are aware that most people that hire into USAA aren't going to know the culture or the products right off the bat. You've gotta be personable, pursuing your education or already have a degree, and be coachable in order to have a strong shot. If you don't have your education in order, there's still a chance, but the other two are kinda mandatory. USAA is all about their membership. If you won't be personable in their interviews, how will you be with the members...

Interview Questions

• You work in a travel agency. I'm a potential client who wants to take my family somewhere. Sell me on a vacation...   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

There were 2 interviews. The first was a phone interview that was brief. The second was an interview with 2 managers. The question were typical. Why did you choose USAA? Along with different situational question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

phone interview