USAA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at USAA

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Quick phone interview with head of department. We talked about the department and what exactly the project would be. The representative was very positive about the project and overall very enjoyable to talk too. I'd high recommend anyone who is thinking about USAA, to apply.

Interview Questions

• What is your programming background   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Two step interview process. First interview consisted of basic culture questions and a simple logic game. Second interview was onsite at their HQ, great experience. Second interview questions were very similar to first interview. If you fit their culture, then you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Met them at Grace Hopper conference. Had a one on one interview. Was emailed a few days later asking me to come to their San Antonio office. There was a group of 15 or so people getting interviewed. There were three interviews throughout the day and a tour of the offices. It was a behavioral interview with problem solving questions. Just wanted to see how you worked with other people and your thought process. Nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA (Stillwater, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

It was the hardest interview I ever had. They gave me a packet with different problems that I had to try to solve. It was timed, and my nerves didn't help. I'm not sure what I was supposed to gain from the test packet, but it made the whole interview process a miserable time for me.

Interview Questions

• How would I figure out a password to a locked computer using the 8 digits provided. I was supposed to be able to put the numbers in a certain order based on a word problem.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Fairly simple. There were a few behavioral questions. In addition to these, there was one math question that involved a system of equations and a set of times. In addition there were 2 additional questions meant to see how you would approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would verify a remote users identity and transactions.
      Describe how you would make an application to allow users to fill out applications online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at career fair in early Sept., applied online through my university the same day. Was contacted for a phone interview in mid-Oct.. This was normal, they asked me: why USAA/this job, my favorite class/the greatest insight, a time I worked with someone difficult, a time I was presented with a lot of info and had to make a hard decision in a short amount of time, and 3 things I want an employer to offer me.

10 days later, I was invited for a site visit that would take place in early November. We were in a hotel on the Riverwalk and invited to a conversational dinner with USAA employees. Here is where things turned negative. One of the employees arrived, introduced himself, then started talking negatively about a former co-worker who had left to a higher position at a competitor.

I had him the next morning for my interview. He started with a normal question (why I like math), then asked about me. I transferred universities, and for some reason he thought I graduated from my former institution in a year and was now in my masters at my new school. My resume clearly stated I was at the former for a year and am still in an undergrad program.

He spent most of the hour asking about computer science and whether I knew about some very specific topics in regression (when I said no, he backpedaled and said "oh never mind, that's a graduate level topic").

I'm an undergrad math major (as were most candidates) and I asked an employee at the dinner if there would be technical questions. He said it would be mostly behavioral. My interviewer's questions just seemed out of place, especially compared to other interviews I've had for similar positions this semester.

In the last 10 minutes he finally looked at my resume, saw I was an officer for an organization, and asked about teamwork. It was frustrating... especially when another candidate said they just had behavioral questions/were asked to walk through a project.

To top it off, after he stated that his family was from a country near that of my own background, I told him where my family was from. He made a derogatory comment.

My site visit was less pleasant than at a competing company, where the same 4 employees interview each candidate in 4 separate interviews. I've accepted an offer from them. At USAA, 12 candidates each met with a single interviewer and each interviewer met with 2 candidates.

USAA would have been excellent given the dinner, hotel, nice phone interview, incredible office, etc., but my final round was the most bizarre interview I've had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

College Interview. First round was in college, behavioral question with logic puzzles. The second round was dinner, they put you in the hotel and two hours of interviews the next days, a bit of technical and behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied through my collage. Interview has 2 rounds, one in person behavioral interview. They mostly ask about your resume and classes. Really focused on leadership and values. Next is the second round. I went to their campus had a tour. Then two interviews. One in a group where you had to make your group members look good, and another final interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview than a Skype interview. The phone was basic questions for about thirty minutes. The Skype intern was more informal with a few other people and was an hour long. None of the questions were to difficult.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was 1 on 1. The questions pertained to behavioral questions such what technologies would you bring to USAA, why would you like to work here, what do you know about the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had trouble working with a team member and how did you resolve that situation?   Answer Question