USAA Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA (Stillwater, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

It was the hardest interview I ever had. They gave me a packet with different problems that I had to try to solve. It was timed, and my nerves didn't help. I'm not sure what I was supposed to gain from the test packet, but it made the whole interview process a miserable time for me.

Interview Questions

• How would I figure out a password to a locked computer using the 8 digits provided. I was supposed to be able to put the numbers in a certain order based on a word problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at career fair in early Sept., applied online through my university the same day. Was contacted for a phone interview in mid-Oct.. This was normal, they asked me: why USAA/this job, my favorite class/the greatest insight, a time I worked with someone difficult, a time I was presented with a lot of info and had to make a hard decision in a short amount of time, and 3 things I want an employer to offer me.

10 days later, I was invited for a site visit that would take place in early November. We were in a hotel on the Riverwalk and invited to a conversational dinner with USAA employees. Here is where things turned negative. One of the employees arrived, introduced himself, then started talking negatively about a former co-worker who had left to a higher position at a competitor.

I had him the next morning for my interview. He started with a normal question (why I like math), then asked about me. I transferred universities, and for some reason he thought I graduated from my former institution in a year and was now in my masters at my new school. My resume clearly stated I was at the former for a year and am still in an undergrad program.

He spent most of the hour asking about computer science and whether I knew about some very specific topics in regression (when I said no, he backpedaled and said "oh never mind, that's a graduate level topic").

I'm an undergrad math major (as were most candidates) and I asked an employee at the dinner if there would be technical questions. He said it would be mostly behavioral. My interviewer's questions just seemed out of place, especially compared to other interviews I've had for similar positions this semester.

In the last 10 minutes he finally looked at my resume, saw I was an officer for an organization, and asked about teamwork. It was frustrating... especially when another candidate said they just had behavioral questions/were asked to walk through a project.

To top it off, after he stated that his family was from a country near that of my own background, I told him where my family was from. He made a derogatory comment.

My site visit was less pleasant than at a competing company, where the same 4 employees interview each candidate in 4 separate interviews. I've accepted an offer from them. At USAA, 12 candidates each met with a single interviewer and each interviewer met with 2 candidates.

USAA would have been excellent given the dinner, hotel, nice phone interview, incredible office, etc., but my final round was the most bizarre interview I've had.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA in September 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a campus career fair. I got a call about two days later asking to set up an interview later that week. Recruiters were very friendly and easy to talk to. After some basic questions, was handed essentially a test to complete in front of the recruiter. It had four questions mainly to see your thought process. Was a bit uncomfortable completing it while the recruiter watched but got through it okay enough. They mainly want to see how you think and if you'd fit in with their culture.

Interview Questions

• The only question I remember from the written portion involved a chart that had a list of names and their scheduling preferences. You were asked to create a one week schedule based off of the information   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Quick phone interview with head of department. We talked about the department and what exactly the project would be. The representative was very positive about the project and overall very enjoyable to talk too. I'd high recommend anyone who is thinking about USAA, to apply.

Interview Questions

• What is your programming background   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Fairly simple. There were a few behavioral questions. In addition to these, there was one math question that involved a system of equations and a set of times. In addition there were 2 additional questions meant to see how you would approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would verify a remote users identity and transactions.
      Describe how you would make an application to allow users to fill out applications online.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Two step interview process. First interview consisted of basic culture questions and a simple logic game. Second interview was onsite at their HQ, great experience. Second interview questions were very similar to first interview. If you fit their culture, then you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was short and the interviewer did not seem interested or very engaged. Was contacted a couple weeks later with response about the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

All employees at USAA who interviewed me were extremely encouraging and understanding during the interview process. There were technological glitches and the interviewers were very accommodating and did not let the technological glitch hinder my interview experience. Additionally, the interviewers asked interesting, meaningful questions. The HR team were quick to reply about the next process in the interview stages and were very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me and wanted to set up a phone interview. I did a phone interview that lasted about an hour. It consisted of some personality questions, and then a couple questions that tested analytical skill, such as having to guess the numbers used in a 8 character password after being given some hints. I waited about a week and then got an email saying that they wanted to fly me to their home office in San Antonio for further interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA in September 2015.

Interview

USAA interviewed me at a college career fair. They were very nice and polite. I got an interview on the spot. The actual interview consisted of behavioral questions and an assessment. It was straight forward but a little stressful since I only had about 30 minutes to prepare. The interviewer was very nice and engaging. She was very thorough as well.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenging problem with leadership skills?   Answer Question