USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

315 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Adjuster -Phoenix Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Initial phone interview went overall really well. Though felt it was odd to be asked "what do you know about USAA". My answer was corrected with the variety of "banking and financial services" they offer. I marked it up to not verbalizing knowledge of USAA. In my fortune she saw past that and I was offered an in person interview. She sent an email that evening which had a video and documents mostly information benefits..its a great idea to memorize video 4 the interview.

The in person interview was set only two business days later. Honestly..there was too much of a rush to study and memorize interview points especially if you work fulltime and have family.
    (keep in mind they want you to know and understand how raises are and EVERYTHING on the video they send you about the comlany* so it seems) I happen to watch it all the way through before the HR assistant emailed .

In the in person interview I was ask "What do you remember about the video" well..it was over a week prior, again a loaded question.

Anyway at the interview.. the HR manager was very stale in personality..not exactly a good feel with USAA.

Upon arrival the HR lobby /interview rooms were not very well air conditioned. Make sure you wear "breathable" professional attire. (HR will remind you to wear prof. Attire in a reminder email).
    Bad:
     interview started 30 minutes late even though they ask you there 20 min early. The room had two men, a note taker and the HR manager of which both were very unfriendly! The attitude was more hype about how great Usaa is and a series of questions. My answers made no difference on hiring. It was obvious the hr manager was very condescending. I wanted to walk out immediately. It felt very gender bias..again the hr manager tone was condescending.
    I have applied at three other competitors since USAA. I was extremely excited for the interview but now I can not look at USAA in the same light. This interview DID NOT make the company look attractive.

Interview Questions

• what do you remember about the video?
      What excites you about working in a call center???   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Never even got one. I really want to work for this company, while I am on a relocation for my spouse, who is beginning with them as a Manager. I had an official referral from another contact and Manager in the company, another referral from a Director and informed them my spouse was about to start with them as a Manager...Yet, I was ruled out from a position I applied to, because of the results of a computerized assessment test. Granted, my experience level and qualifications likely made me overqualified for the position, but I was not even contacted, in person, to discuss this position or any other possibilities. Upon contacting a person in recruiting about feedback, I was only told I could not be given any information about the results of the assessment, and that I could not try to apply again for 6 months! I have been a top performer in my claims adjuster role, for years, yet I am ruled out by a computer assessment test, after having been referred by management level personnel??

Auto Claims Adjuster II - Third Party Liability BI/PD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plum, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at USAA (Plum, PA).

Interview

I had to interview within 3 days of finding out about the job. With such little time to prepare, I crammed 16 hr a day in preparation. So rushed and so disappointing

Interview Questions

• How do you handle giving news that you know is going to upset someone?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

There was a phone interview. Then there was another phone interview that was more technical. Finally, I was invited for a face to face interview.

I doubt I will get a job offer from them because it's been over two weeks since the on-site interview, but I remember them saying that they will not provide relocation reimbursement if I did. So I thought it was stingy of them not to pay for all of my travel expenses. I ended up staying in another hotel because my flight from San Antonio to home was diverted and cancelled. They decided to pay for everything except that hotel. On the other hand, it was a good experience for me because it was my first time in an interview at a different state.

Interview Questions

• How much do you think we should pay you?   Answer Question
    • Have you been applying to other jobs?   Answer Question
    • What is a linked list and when is it better to use a linked list than an array?   Answer Question
    • What is a final method?   Answer Question
    • Explain the meaning of each word in public static void main(String args[]).   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a program that keeps information about an animal's type, their owner, and what makes them unique and similar to other types of animals? (The animals they mentioned included cats and birds.)   Answer Question

New Member Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview with the recruiter first, then set up a second interview at the campus. Once there interviews with two more recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you had to up sell a customer on a product at a former job.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster-Liability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Riverview, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Application, Assessment, a few days later I received a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview, after that I was invited in for a face to face interview with the Manager. The manager went over my resume then ask me typical behavioral questions. We went over my availability, the schedule, benefits, choice of location, salary, certificates, licenses, etc. The interview lasted about an hour. He told me I should be hearing back from the recruiter that day. The next morning I received 2 blanket emails stating that I didn't get the job. I'm a little disappointed because I am an adjuster with PIP and Liability experience and the position was entry level. However, USAA is a great company and I would like to keep encouraging future candidates to research the company and the position prior to going in to the interview to familiarize yourself with the company and the position. Stay positive and never give up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame problem in a team setting and what was the outcome..   1 Answer

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation to complete the online screening, had phone interview. The HR specialist was very friendly during the phone interview and at the end of the interview said that all went well and that I should expect a call within 2 days to schedule the next interview with the hiring manager and explained all the further steps of the hiring process. I have NOT received a call to schedule the next interview as advised, instead I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA? Example of handling a difficult/unsatisfied customer. Example of going above and beyond in my customer service experience   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA in July 2017.

Interview

Within a month I received an email to take the questionaire. A week later they called me to set up a phone interview that would take place another week later. Phone interviewer said I was great and scheduled me with a face to face interview with manager on site. Just had that interview. Rather relaxed setting but I was nervous. But they do ask those behavioral questions. Just highlight your skills. She said I'd here back in about a week, though I'm not very confident I was a sure "sell".

Interview Questions

• tell me of a time where you lead a team to reach a common goal   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It was comprehensive and case based. Two in person interviews, one on campus. Interviewed with multiple people. Had a background screening. Had a drug test. Met a lot of people in the process. Interviewers were outgoing and kind.

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. They mostly explained the position and what to expect with training and a few easy questions in the first interview. I was selected for a second interview which was a bit longer and more of a typical interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question