USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

884 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

1) Contacted by a recruiter after online application and asked a few questions. Scheduled a in person interview for the following week.

2) Interviewed with two managers which lasted nearly an hour. Very basic interview questions many of which were scenario based. Also questions pertaining to professional background.

During this process make sure you do research on USAA and what they offer and why you feel you would be a good fit for their company. Mention their values and goals and how they align with yours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current career which you are excelling at?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially, I applied online. About a week later, i was sent an online assessment. The assessment was easy per-say but there were way too many questions to possibly answer it in the time given. I thought I didn’t pass that phase. But then I received a phone call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. Somehow the recruiter “lost” my phone number so my interview was rescheduled. After the phone interview, i was recommended for an in-person interview. I was told during the interview they were making a hiring decision that day and i would hear from my recruiter in 3-5 business days whether or not I would be continuing in the process. I waited. And waited. And waited. Day 7, i emailed my recruiter and asked. I was moved forward in the process and was given a contingent offer based off a background check, education and employment verification, credit check, and a drug test. I am now waiting on the results of those but will accept the final offer. Overall, the experience was extremely long - I applied online 2.5 months ago. I feel that my recruiter is stretched too thin which is causing delays in the hiring process as well.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Contacted by HR for a pre-screening interview to do the basics.

The next step was to take an online quiz for basic pattern recognition. The quiz itself was not hard, but the complexity of the questions grew quickly and there was a 2 or 3 minute time limit per question. HR contacted me to let me know I had passed this quiz a few days later.

I was then scheduled for a teleconference with the team manager about a week later. He seemed like a very affable guy, but a bit lacking in technical expertise. He was 'wow-ed' by my somewhat lenghty answers to his questions around statistical analysis. The call was supposed to be 30 minutes but lasted over an hour and we ended up talking like old friends; great experience. He advised me that I would be passed on to the sr. manager for a follow up interview and if things went well the next step would be to travel to San Antonio to meet the team.

The next day the HR person called me to schedule a meeting with the sr. manager and read me a verbose background on the manager. It was really sort of awkward and was the only part of the process thus far that seemed strange. After listening to this trumped up biography I looked him up on LinkedIn expecting to see some amazing background laiden with technical prowess and major accomplishments. Alas, he was just a some dude with a pyschology degree from ASU.

I showed up as scheduled to meet the sr. manager at their facility in northern Phoenix. When I showed up as schedule there was a mix up on USAA's behalf with me not being on their access list. I contacted the HR rep and was allowed access. The sr. manager was about 30 more minutes late. He didn't ask me any technical questions and only spoke in very broad terms about 'working on really big and important projects'. I attempted to ascertain what I was really getting myself into with this role. My questions were redirected with longwinded, hollow reponses that had nothing to do with the role. I was told at least three times about how great USAA was in conducting emergeny evacuations of their San Antonio site in less than 7 minutes. This step was wierd, but I didn't think much of it.

This ended my interview process. I was never contacted by USAA again. I assumed they had a higher standard even for prospective candidates. Really disappointing as the job seemed like a great fit and the front line manager seemed like a great guy.

Claims Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The process was great
    And went smoothly. I first interviewed with HR about the company and the position. few days later I interviewed with two managers in claims about the position and my experience. A week later interviewed with 2 senior level USAA managers about how I would fit in the company as a whole. I felt that each stage went well.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions like, tell me a time you went above and beyond what was expected. Work experience questions like, what is the biggest project you are currently managing. Resume related questions. Technical questions. A good, well rounded discussion.   Answer Question
    • The interview process was great and then...nothing. A
      month later there’s no response to follow up emails and phone calls. I’m disappointed in a company I held in higher esteem.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Was flown out to their main office in San Antonio for the interview. It had two parts a group interview and an individual interview. They make you do an activity in the group mainly to see how you work in a team. In the individual interview just asked a few behavioral and a logic problem.

Interview Questions

• Solve a problem and come up with ideas as a group for the group portion of the interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I was referred by an employee of USAA to apply for a job. I had a one hour phone interview first, and then they flew me out to the main headquarters. Interview lasted 6 hours. I left there thinking that the interview went very well. They informed me that I would hear back at the very lastest in 3 weeks. I never heard from USAA ever again. It's interesting how the HR rep was s quick to answer emails in the beginning, but the second that I checked in after I never heard from them, she suddenly disappeared. It was interesting because I really had a strong desire to work from USAA, but after I saw how they treated me, I will never apply for a USAA job again.

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Phone Screening followed by a Super Day. They ended up never replying with their decision. I have followed up with them three times but still no response. Left a sour taste of my view on the company. Will never choose to apply here again and suggest you do not either.

Sales and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for Tampa location job. Interviewer began by describing the job and benefits and then asked, "How old are you?" Used description of "catch up" feature of 401k as an excuse to ask my age

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on line, and within days, the recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview. Immediately following, I had a phone interview with an Executive Director. The following week, I was flown to TX to interview, on-site, at their campus. It was extremely efficient, well run, and timely.

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

First, you will have a phone interview with a talent recruiter. The recruiter is very much by the book. They will describe the position, potential salary and benefits. The recruiter will ask you questions about your experience and how might that experience help you in this position. Then the recruiter will ask you Situation, Target, Action, and Result (STAR) questions. After, they will tell you if you will interview with manager at the office you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome an obstacle at work?   Answer Question