USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about 45 minutes later with an online assessment. Took the assessment and 2 days later I received an email about a job interview. After the first interview I was referred to a second one. After the second interview I was told wait 3-5 days for a response. About 24 hours later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you successfully up sold a product.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a customer who did not want the services and ended up convincing them of signing up? If so how did you do it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I uploaded my resume on the site. Heard back a few weeks later. Phone interviews. I was asked to then apply for the job. Then I had a Skype interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career site. It was fairly easy to navigate. After that I was emailed details on completing an assesment. I believe I did well because I was set up for a phone interview with a member of HR. The representative was very friendly and asked me some behavioral questions. We also went over compensation. I am now due to have a face to face interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to sell a product to a customer that had objected to a product your were trying to sell them?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online. Signed arbitrary agreement. Took online assessment (roughly 60 minutes). Received email regarding one hour phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a couple STAR format questions and general background review of resume. Also went over salary, benefits, and role at this time. Set up in person interview. Interview was conducted by two people but laid back and not intimidating. Again, general background questions before asking a series of behavioral questions expected to be in answered in STAR format. Was advised I'd be notified within 3-5 days if qualified for position. Notified within 24 hours of offer and sent for background test and drug screen.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavioral questions focused on technical expertise more so than leadership.

Promotion within is hard. Best to come in to exec ranks.

Many long-term employees with little to no experience in the military or any other company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... Always answer with Situation, Behavior and Outcome   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2017.

Interview

Got referred to the position by a current employee, a week later I got an email requesting a phone interview . The lady interviewing me was extremely nice and asked basic questions about myself, my resume and went over job description. She was impressed with my interview and wanted to move forward with the hiring manager in person interview. This ended up being scheduled the same day as my phone interview later on that afternoon! I interviewed with the hiring manager and a scribe, both were extremely friendly and welcoming. Received a phone offer the very next day. Entire process took about three weeks!

Interview Questions

• Situational Based Questions: tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer , how did you respond ? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service ? What was the result ?   Answer Question
    • Multitasking is important , tell me about a time where you had to multitask ?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position and what do you know about our company ?   Answer Question

Property Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cold Spring, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Cold Spring, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor. Received an email back and had to complete a typing and "personality" assessment (Agree, disagree questions). A few days later I received another email setting up a phone interview for later in the week. During phone interview I was informed about the position, the benefits, their expectations and was asked a couple of STAR questions. After the phone interview I was told I would move to the next step for an in person interview. At the in person interview more STAR questions. A week later I was asked to provide information for background check and drug test. About two weeks later I was offered a position. It is a long thorough process.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. All of the interviews were very comfortable and the entire process took about 3 weeks. The recruiter was very helpful and the directors that interviewed me made the interview not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to meet a pressing deadline?   Answer Question

Property Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Filled out online app, took online test, phone interview, in-store interview. Overall a fairly easy process, important to work on communicating clearly and articulate your answers. The interview questions are well documented here on Glassdoor and mirror the phone interview, so practice them if you are at all anxious or want to really nail the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a frustrated customer.   1 Answer
    • Describe the Property Adjustor position you're applying for?   1 Answer

Property Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied on 3/28 and quickly received an e-mail to complete an assessment. Following the assessment, I was scheduled for a phone interview 3 days later. The phone interview consisted of the recruiter telling me about the position and asking questions about my work and educational background. There were no behavioral questions in my interview, and the recruiter was off the phone in 4 minutes. Very quick and to the point, and I was told that I would receive a follow-up e-mail about an in-person interview. Considering it has been 18 days since my phone "interview," I'm going to assume I was not selected. I'm unsure what the point of a 4 minute interview was, especially considering I was asked no true interview questions. I simply verified my education and work history after listening to a description of the job responsibilities and salary. Very confusing experience. I've received no response from the recruiter when I asked for an update on my status.