USAA Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. Then I was called in. It was supposed to be a panel, but idk what happened. The man interviewing me seemed like he was just going through the motions. Now this was after I had passed ALL of their background investigations. So I believe it was just a formality. He asked almost the same questions the woman on the phone did. All behavioral questions. So we finished a bit early. Noticed he had something on him that I, myself did as a hobby and we spent the rest of the required time talking about that hobby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to priortize?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had an escalated customer: and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Really, you can google behavioral interview questions and slay these!   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is your salary.

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a very unpleasant sounding woman, sounded like she was just reading a script. Only asked 5 questions which were very basic, however, I was sent a rejection email a week later, not even offered an in person

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied with USAA on there site and heard back a month later. They sent me an email to do an online assessment, followed by a phone interview with a recruiter, then a face to face interview with two hiring managers shortly afterward. Afterward they send you a background check and drug test to complete. I am still waiting to receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online, do their survey thing, short phone interview, then at the end of said interview was asked to come to campus in Phoenix. In-person interview lasted about 45 minutes, consisted of STAR behavioral questions, asked about previous jobs and to elaborate on some of the things you did. What you like about the company, questions you have for them.
    You would think that if they paid for the background and drug test that you are pretty much in, right? Wrong.

Interview Questions

Interview

Received call after 4 months since applying , went through two phone interview , first was with HR then second was with department manager, after that was sent a drug screen kit and background check authorization form. two weeks later received offer. Offer accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed.

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Very long interviewing process. Once application is filled you will receive a call to go over some general questions. Then a few days later you may receive another call to determine if you are eligible to come in for some testing. Once you have made it past the phone interviews you get to go to USAA to take your personality test, typing test, mock questions in a CSR scenario. If you make it past that HR will call you back (after what could be several weeks) and ask you to come in to meet with management. This interview lasts about 45 minutes and you are asked questions about your personal life, life experiences, and how you would handle this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the company in the next 5 years.   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult news you have had to deliver to someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer that I believed was fair, but you are able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The phone interview took place a few weeks after I completed the online assessments. The online assessment consisted of a typing test that was relatively easy if you know your way around a keyboard. The actual phone interview was about 15 mins. They start off telling you about the position and making sure you understand what the work schedule and training schedule will be like. Then they ask you the interview questions, which are behavioral based. This basically means that the questions will start off like "Tell me about a time when..." The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor."

Interview Questions

• The hardest one they asked was "Tell me about a time when you had to deliver news to a customer that wasn't in the customer's favor."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I was quickly contacted by phone after submitting my resume and application online. I then had a testing session to make sure I was technically efficient. The in-person interview was behavioral based and not too nerve-wracking :) I was then contacted over the phone for an offer of employment and started within a few weeks (with the next training group).

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Are you comfortable with referring members to other lines of business? This claims position (as well as all other customer contact positions) requires some sales aspects.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in person interviews. Asked many questions about previous work experience and military affiliations. They will ask questions about where you would like to fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went over and beyond to assist someone in your previous work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for Claims Dept. I received a phone interview. That went great and she said the next thing would be a face to face interview. I had that and it went great also. I also got an email to go for a drug test. That was confusing.

Interview Questions

• What in your past work experience did you have a difficult customer and how did you take care of that customer.   Answer Question