USAA Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

New Member Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. Had a phone interview with the recruiter first, then set up a second interview at the campus. Once there interviews with two more recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you had to up sell a customer on a product at a former job.   Answer Question

Member Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Glendale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was then sent an email to take an online skills assessment the next day. The assessment took about an hour and was definitely a bit of a challenge. I passed the assessment and received a call from their recruiter advising of a phone interview the next day. After doing well on the phone interview, I was asked to go in for a face to face interview 2 days later. I interviewed with 2 managers and it lasted about45 minutes. Very comfortable interview, however it's intense, and you should do your research, and be prepared to answer STAR related questions, and give detailed examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer that lost trust in the company. How did you handle the situation, and what steps did you take to resolve the customers issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to up sell a product or service that the customer had no interest in.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about 45 minutes later with an online assessment. Took the assessment and 2 days later I received an email about a job interview. After the first interview I was referred to a second one. After the second interview I was told wait 3-5 days for a response. About 24 hours later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you successfully up sold a product.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a customer who did not want the services and ended up convincing them of signing up? If so how did you do it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position over 2 months ago. They sent me an assessment that took about an hour. Last week I had my first phone interview and after the recruiter set me up for an in person interview. I went and I felt pretty confident since I have 12 years of experience in customer service as well as sales. Unfortunately the next day I received an email stating that overs were more qualified then myself. I feel like I wasted a ton of time for an entry level position. Good luck if you apply. For me I will not be reapplying again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took almost a week and I got an email with a link to an online assessment. After about a week I received an email to schedule a phone interview. From the phone interview I was told and scheduled my face to face interview on campus (San Antonio)
    It was before 2 people. One asking questions another typing responses. Lasted 30-40 minutes. I was told I would here back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time of when a customer was upset/unhappy with your company or policy. What did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in November
    Recieved and email to take the assessment.
    About 2 weeks later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview. However, it could be two weeks before I was scheduled. A week went by and I received and email about the phone interview and time.
    The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. STAR behavior questions were asked. I was told I would move on to the onsite interview. The interview was a week later. The San Antonio campus is huge I sugguest getting there early. There is limited parking. My face 2 face interview was 45 mins. STAR questions once again. This was a relaxed setting.
    1 week later I was called and offered the job only if I pasted mt background check. It took 14 days to complete. The roughest part was the back ground check. The third part company is not the best.

Member Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview and background check. Lengthy process and took about two weeks. Before the interview there is a skills test and also after the first interview a drug test.

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview scheduled about 2 weeks after applying by email. I had to confirm the interview. During the phone interview we scheduled my in person interview with the hiring manager. It was one person and a scribe to record everything. It all was very comfortable.

I was concerned because I had a few issues on my credit but HR was willing to waive them and offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your previous work history that prepared you for work with us?   Answer Question
    • If your previous supervisor had 3 words to describe your work ethic, what words would he/she use and why?   Answer Question

Member Services Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied and got a email 3 weeks later saying I was not a good fit for the job so it was a lot to take in but if you get an offer congrats

Member Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with HR. Then had an in person interview with a sales manager. The turnover is high, so there are a lot of people interviewing. You then need to go for a drug test and get finger print clearance before you can officially be offered the job. Once they offer you the job, you wait until the next training class is open because they want to start about 30 people at once- so there may be a wait.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You will get offered more to start with a college degree.