USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Total Loss Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took over a month to hear back. Was sent an email to take an online assessment which was behavioral based plus a speed typing test & fairly easy. Almost 2 more weeks passed before I received another email from the recruiter for a phone interview a week later. It only took about 10 min and was easy as well. Predictable STAR method. Was set up right after the phone interview for a f2f at campus another week later. 2 interviewers, one asking questions while another is typing. Very nice people, very pleasant interview at a dedicated interview area close to the entrance and away from the call floor which I found is a very efficient way and reduces confusion on an applicant when trying to find what is where. I was told I would hear back from my recruiter in 3-5 days about the next steps regarding background check and drug testing which led me to believe I was going to move forward, however this was obvioulsy just be a standard blanket statement which is something they should refrain from. After 6 business days I still hadn't heard anything while my application status at their website remained at "interviewing". I emailed my recruiter and never got the courtesy of a response however not even 24 hours later after I emailed that person my online status changed to "no longer under consideration" and I have no other choice but to assume I was not selected based on that as I was not notified either way. I have never interviewed anywhere else where the application process took this long nor having to wait in limbo this amount of time with zero notification from the recruiter. Quite unprofessional and disappointing. Overall impression of the company now is less than stellar. I also found out that they check applicant's credit during the background check phase which takes another astounding 2 weeks. Bottom line; streamline & revamp this entire tedious process, time is money! Let an applicant know yay or nay!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an angry customer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a time when something didn't go as planned. STAR based questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied for a customer service representative online. I was contacted for an interview a month later. Basic Interview questions. Two interviewers. One on the phone and one in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client and try to sell them a product.   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was a panel like interview! It will consist of 1 IT Manager, 2 Full Time employees and 1 Senior Ops employee, all in the same department. Each person will go through asking there own important questions regarding your skills and how it will apply to the role! Afterwards the manager will tell you your hours, and will let you know that he will be in contact soon!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar working with re-imaging PCs and working in IDFs and MDF rooms?   Answer Question

Senior Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Lengthy and convoluted. Applied in November, phone calls about interest for months, then finally an onsite interview...people involved were definitely "corporate drones" and couldnt think outside the box.

When hiring for this type of position, it's a real anti-pattern and honestly all the red flags went off for me.

The panel interview proved to be a group of clique related folks that if you didn't fit their "club" you weren't even going to get that far.

As someone who currently earns 3x what the average Coach at USAA earns, was a non-issue for me...it was a great trip, paid hotel, flight, rental car and was able to shop properties that I was planning to invest in on the weekend. So all in all, much like investing in a time share presentation, it was a great weekend paid for by a 6 hr interruption to be interviewed.

We had a great dinner, saw some sights, viewed 8 different ranches and plan to return in 8 wks to look at a few more...

There was another person interviewing the same day with me for the same role, we spoke afterwards, he felt they did a bait and switch on him as they did offer him a contract, instead of a full time role. Of course he declined, no one picks up their family and moves on a contract.

As for me, they waited 3 wks and when I finally got my expenses check back, I had a boiler plate email stating they were going another direction...LOL I had already figured that one out

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online using through their website for multiple positions. I then got a phone interview where I was told the one interview was for multiple opportunities. After the phone interview, they are flying my to Texas for another and I believe that is the last one.

Interview Questions

• When have you done an analysis and what problems did you have and what did you do to overcome them?   Answer Question
    • What drew you to apply at this company?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. Then I was called in. It was supposed to be a panel, but idk what happened. The man interviewing me seemed like he was just going through the motions. Now this was after I had passed ALL of their background investigations. So I believe it was just a formality. He asked almost the same questions the woman on the phone did. All behavioral questions. So we finished a bit early. Noticed he had something on him that I, myself did as a hobby and we spent the rest of the required time talking about that hobby.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to priortize?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had an escalated customer: and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Really, you can google behavioral interview questions and slay these!   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is your salary.

Banking and Insurance Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two people were there for the phone interview. One was there to record the entire conversation, the other was there to ask questions. Before that, there was a phone interview which was very friendly and opening.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my knowledge about the company and the position   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in November
    Recieved and email to take the assessment.
    About 2 weeks later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview. However, it could be two weeks before I was scheduled. A week went by and I received and email about the phone interview and time.
    The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. STAR behavior questions were asked. I was told I would move on to the onsite interview. The interview was a week later. The San Antonio campus is huge I sugguest getting there early. There is limited parking. My face 2 face interview was 45 mins. STAR questions once again. This was a relaxed setting.
    1 week later I was called and offered the job only if I pasted mt background check. It took 14 days to complete. The roughest part was the back ground check. The third part company is not the best.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

In my experience, you either meet a recruiter and they suggest you apply online or you just apply on line. Next, a group of seemingly qualified candidates are brought in for in person interviews at your university. From there a group of probably less that 4 or so will go to /be flown to USAA in San Antonio. Once in SA there is dinner, and a ew rounds of interviews the next day. There are situational interviews with a partner, and individual interviews with two USAA employees. You will likely be asked mostly behavioral questions with a couple technical questions. After the interviews you have a lunch and an HR person comes in to talk to you about the benefits and what it's like to work there. Lastly there is a tour of the (really cool) campus and then they send you home.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? What is a time you had to deal with conflict with a coworker? Things of that nature.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took almost a week and I got an email with a link to an online assessment. After about a week I received an email to schedule a phone interview. From the phone interview I was told and scheduled my face to face interview on campus (San Antonio)
    It was before 2 people. One asking questions another typing responses. Lasted 30-40 minutes. I was told I would here back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time of when a customer was upset/unhappy with your company or policy. What did you do to fix it?   1 Answer