USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

USAA is really looking for innovative candidates over technically adept ones. During the interviews they will ask you questions that will require you to think outside the box. The first interview was on-campus. The main questions were two-fold; one was a problem solving question while the other one was a software engineering related question. A week later, I was invited onto the second round of interviews. The second round was a full day experience with dinner, a private hotel, and a campus tour. The second interview was very similar to the first one. The only thing different was that there were a couple of exercises in which you had to work in teams to solve problems. Honestly, nothing you can prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you had to work in a team to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I was referred by an employee of USAA to apply for a job. I had a one hour phone interview first, and then they flew me out to the main headquarters. Interview lasted 6 hours. I left there thinking that the interview went very well. They informed me that I would hear back at the very lastest in 3 weeks. I never heard from USAA ever again. It's interesting how the HR rep was s quick to answer emails in the beginning, but the second that I checked in after I never heard from them, she suddenly disappeared. It was interesting because I really had a strong desire to work from USAA, but after I saw how they treated me, I will never apply for a USAA job again.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions just getting to know who you are and if you fit in with their workplace. A few critical thinking questions that are not based on your answers but on your approach to the problem and your thought process to solve them. Overall good experience and nice people.

Interview Questions

• How can we get the younger generation to get more involved with their financial future sooner in life?   Answer Question

IT2017 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Marcos, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and approachable. My first round of interviews was an on-campus interview where I was asked behavioral questions for about 45 minutes. My second round, they invited me to the home office in San Antonio. They put me up in a hotel, I had dinner with employees and the next day I went to the home office with a group of other interviwers. We had a information session, a group activity, and then I had another one-on-one with a hiring manager covering the same questions from the first interview. I heard back from them after a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you'd make an app (conception, design, practical)   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to our school job fair and dropped off a resume. They conducted short on the spot interviews and then did call backs that night if you were selected for a formal interview. I was given the available time slots the next and chose which one was best for me. Interview took about an hour asking different scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box and figure out an unconventional way to solve a problem. They want to hire people they consider innovative.   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. They described the position and went over the benefits. From there, you interview with one to two HR hiring managers from the area you are applying.

New Member Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

it was the basic "tell me about a time you_____" (succeeded / failed) - how you handled it and what the outcome was... "tell me about a time a customer left unsatisfied" / "tell me about..." etc etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time a customer left unsatisfied with the call. what had happened/ how did you handle it/ and what did you do next   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied through my collage. Interview has 2 rounds, one in person behavioral interview. They mostly ask about your resume and classes. Really focused on leadership and values. Next is the second round. I went to their campus had a tour. Then two interviews. One in a group where you had to make your group members look good, and another final interview.

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The assessment is based on behavior and it looks for the lack of individuality. If you are someone with a strong work ethic and knowledge of the subject and you honestly (without cherry-picking) answer the questions - you will not get selected. If the system rejects you, you are disqualified. This kind of blind system makes me want to switch carriers, since they obviously don’t care about the quality of employees. Extremely disappointed in the company I praised for over a decade. Very outdated employment process.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with an online application, then I received an email link to practical online test, which included a personality type portion. This was followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview an in-person interview was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you received poor customer service and how you addressed it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question