USAA Software Developer & Integrator III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Software Developer & Integrator III Interview Questions

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

While in graduate school, I attended a job fair where USAA was attending. After talking to them and giving them my resume, they called me later that same day to set up an initial interview for the next day. One week after that, I was notified via email that I had made it to the next

Interview Questions

• How would you go about building an app that streamlines the process of filing an insurance claim with multiple files and file types?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter during the career fair. They reached out to me, and I got an information session interview. Made it to the 2nd round. They had me do a group interview, and then an individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Onsite interview with 2 general panels. Basically a personality and skills panel. General personality questions (handle this situation) with generic problem solving and generic design question. Nothing intricate as the position required little experience. Most important aspect is that as a developer you can communicate and fit the culture of USAA.

Interview Questions

• Describe the components of a system for dealing with (a task) on a tablet or mobile device.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Two Parts: The first was a situational scenario that required critical thinking and analytical thinking to solve the specific case study or problem. The second part was more technical and tested actual knowledge of software developers.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What do you know about this company?
      What do you find easy that others don't?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of the following events in this order: Arrive at USAA Visitor's Lobby (8am), Breakfast (8:15am), Executive Welcome Address (8:30am), Situtational Interview (9am), Technical Interview (11am), Candidate Benefits Presentation/Lunch (12:15pm), Nexus/Aspire Presentation (12:30pm), IT Department Overview (1:15pm), USAA Building Tour (2pm), Transportation to Aiport (3:30pm).

I enjoyed the whole day, the only real serious part was the technical interview. The rest of the day was just fun! Even the Situational Interview was fun. Of course, you do have to behave like a professional, but the environment is very welcoming at USAA.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to design and explain in detail the layout of a mobile application for ordering pizza.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

First I did an interview with a recruiter at a job fair. This interview took about an hour. I was then called back for an onsite interview in Plano Texas. The night we arrived for the interview, we went out to a nearby restaurant with employees and other interviewees in the group. At the onsite interview we did a group process interview to see how we worked with others, and then a more technical interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you did something different from what everyone else was doing? (I can't remember the question exactly, but it was something similar to that)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was not bad. I had one interview on campus and another at their headquarters in San Antonio. They paid for travel expenses and had a number of tours and informational sessions along with the three on-site interviews. This process was fine and it was nice to see the campus and tour it, although I think some of the events lasted a bit too long.

However, the people who were given as contact points for questions after the on-site interview were very unprofessional. I had another offer come in and inquired to the status of my application and was told that USAA knew they wanted to make me an offer but they needed a bit longer to get things together. I was told I would hear from them no later than two business days. Two weeks later, I had not heard anything and no one had contacted me or returned my emails/call (one or two emails and one call, so nothing crazy).

Finally, I hear from them about three weeks after they had said I would in a generic auto-generated rejection email. I found it incredibly unprofessional that they "verbally" gave me an offer only to end up sending me a rejection letter over three weeks after the date they gave me.

Interview Questions

• They had a few simple math word problems that I had to solve in each interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple, casual, and fun. You have group exercises to see how well you work with others and how well you make your teammates look. There is also a technical interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Sudoku, Story prioritization, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. Met them at a job fair, did an initial interview, had a second group interview at dinner that night after the fair. A few days later I got a call that they were going to fly me to San Antonio for a final round of interviews, received an offer in about a week and a half. Accepted offer. It was all very straightforward. They like to test your ability to work with others, so if you know how to interact in a group that is very helpful. Most questions were not even related to the job, they were about your ability to learn and fit in with their corporate family. They may give you some brain puzzles like in a group fill out a really hard sudoku puzzle, they don't care how you do on the puzzle so much as how you interact with your group and work together to achieve best possible outcome.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you could fit in with a large company like USAA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

You'll have one initial interview with a recruiter (usually at a recruiting event/conference, college campus, phone, etc) and if that goes well, you'll be flown to San Antonio for a full interview. You'll spend the day being shown the campus, learning about USAA's history and culture, clubs and organizations within the company, and have a closed interview, usually with 2 employees. Because this is a college hire position, the interview is less technical and more personality-based, as they want to see how well of a culture fit you'll be. They'll generally assess technical competence in the context of your answers. Time will vary on how long it takes to hear back, but they'll contact you whether it's a yes or a no.

Interview Questions

• There's a logical, mathematical or brain-teaser type question, which may throw you off after an interview of being assessed based on your personality. You may feel like you have to answer this question exactly right, but don't worry so much about getting the correct answer -- they're more so looking for what kind of analytical, thought process you go through to get to the answer. And this is one of those things where you either have it or you don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this particular position, because it's entry level, you'd have less room for negotiation. For a position where you're coming in with experience, particularly skills that USAA has high demand for, negotiating is encouraged.