USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online then about three weeks later I got an email to take an assessment online. It was easy and took about an hour. Within a week I got an email setting up a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it went smoothly, At the end of it we scheduled and appointment for an in-person interview , which I have in a couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview was very cordial. They asked typical questions. the interviewer seemed to enjoy her job. After the interview they set up another face to face interview at there place of business.

Interview Questions

• have you ever upsold a customer that didnt want to be upsold   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position over 2 months ago. They sent me an assessment that took about an hour. Last week I had my first phone interview and after the recruiter set me up for an in person interview. I went and I felt pretty confident since I have 12 years of experience in customer service as well as sales. Unfortunately the next day I received an email stating that overs were more qualified then myself. I feel like I wasted a ton of time for an entry level position. Good luck if you apply. For me I will not be reapplying again.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I uploaded my resume on the site. Heard back a few weeks later. Phone interviews. I was asked to then apply for the job. Then I had a Skype interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career site. It was fairly easy to navigate. After that I was emailed details on completing an assesment. I believe I did well because I was set up for a phone interview with a member of HR. The representative was very friendly and asked me some behavioral questions. We also went over compensation. I am now due to have a face to face interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to sell a product to a customer that had objected to a product your were trying to sell them?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Then a 2nd with the hiring manager. Did not get the job even though I myself am a USAA member and transitioning out of the Army! I thought i would have the upper hand being a member and udnerstanding Military life since I am currently active duty. It baffles me that they would pick a joe shmo off the street instead of literally one of their own,

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online. Signed arbitrary agreement. Took online assessment (roughly 60 minutes). Received email regarding one hour phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a couple STAR format questions and general background review of resume. Also went over salary, benefits, and role at this time. Set up in person interview. Interview was conducted by two people but laid back and not intimidating. Again, general background questions before asking a series of behavioral questions expected to be in answered in STAR format. Was advised I'd be notified within 3-5 days if qualified for position. Notified within 24 hours of offer and sent for background test and drug screen.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavioral questions focused on technical expertise more so than leadership.

Promotion within is hard. Best to come in to exec ranks.

Many long-term employees with little to no experience in the military or any other company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... Always answer with Situation, Behavior and Outcome   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2017.

Interview

Got referred to the position by a current employee, a week later I got an email requesting a phone interview . The lady interviewing me was extremely nice and asked basic questions about myself, my resume and went over job description. She was impressed with my interview and wanted to move forward with the hiring manager in person interview. This ended up being scheduled the same day as my phone interview later on that afternoon! I interviewed with the hiring manager and a scribe, both were extremely friendly and welcoming. Received a phone offer the very next day. Entire process took about three weeks!

Interview Questions

• Situational Based Questions: tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer , how did you respond ? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you provided excellent customer service ? What was the result ?   Answer Question
    • Multitasking is important , tell me about a time where you had to multitask ?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position and what do you know about our company ?   Answer Question

Property Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cold Spring, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Cold Spring, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through Glassdoor. Received an email back and had to complete a typing and "personality" assessment (Agree, disagree questions). A few days later I received another email setting up a phone interview for later in the week. During phone interview I was informed about the position, the benefits, their expectations and was asked a couple of STAR questions. After the phone interview I was told I would move to the next step for an in person interview. At the in person interview more STAR questions. A week later I was asked to provide information for background check and drug test. About two weeks later I was offered a position. It is a long thorough process.