USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Customer Service and Sales Representative-Auto Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Riverview, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a person in the room with me and one over the phone. They both introduced themselves and talked briefly about their company history/position. Then. They asked me to do the same.

They asked questions about me and why I chose the company and a couple of situational questions.

Ultimately, they told me about the job, training, and if I have a problem with the start date.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask people that work with you what you can improve on, (weakness) what would it be?   Answer Question

Member Services Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied and got a email 3 weeks later saying I was not a good fit for the job so it was a lot to take in but if you get an offer congrats

Business Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It began with an interview with someone from HR, then a phone interview with the department manager, I was sent an application via email for a background check, then they requested a 1:1 interview on campus. The process took about 4 weeks. At the end I was not chosen, I was sent a generic form email about them choosing other candidates about a week or so after the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral questions: Tell me a time that there was an obstacle that you had to over come.   Answer Question

Member Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with HR. Then had an in person interview with a sales manager. The turnover is high, so there are a lot of people interviewing. You then need to go for a drug test and get finger print clearance before you can officially be offered the job. Once they offer you the job, you wait until the next training class is open because they want to start about 30 people at once- so there may be a wait.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You will get offered more to start with a college degree.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I started off applying through indeed.com. The next day I received an email stating I was scheduled to take an assessment test (At home on my computer). The assessment test was comprised of mostly "I highly agree; I highly disagree" types of questions, as well as, a computer typing test. The typing test gave you a minute to type as much as you could from the paragraph before you ran out of time; this was to measure accuracy and words per minute (I assume). The next day I received an email saying I passed the test and would be receiving a phone call in 2 days at 11am for a phone interview. They asked me all situational questions from the STAR method and told me exactly what the job was, the benefits, and salary. At the end of the phone interview, she said congrats and that I would be receiving an email with my date for an in-person manager interview. I went in for my interview a few days later and it was with a manager face-to-face and another manager that was listening in on the phone. They asked me pretty much the same questions as the phone interview using the STAR method, and they were very friendly. At the end of my interview, they gave me a tour of the building (i think that is a sign you got the job). I got an email the next day saying I passed the interview and they moved me along to the background check and drug test; this step took the longest - about 10 - 12 days. I passed and got the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a time where you and your manager disagreed and how did you work it out.

2. Give me a time where you had to multitask many tasks.

3. Give me an example of a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.

4. Why do you want to work for USAA?

5. Tell me a time where something at work didn't go the way you wanted it, how did you adjust?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Fairly simple. There were a few behavioral questions. In addition to these, there was one math question that involved a system of equations and a set of times. In addition there were 2 additional questions meant to see how you would approach a problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would verify a remote users identity and transactions.
      Describe how you would make an application to allow users to fill out applications online.
      Answer Question

Software Developer & Integrator III - College On Campus Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

This is the first round of the interview process. The interview took 45 minutes. It consisted of questions about my background, 2 behavioral questions, 1 logic question, 1 design question, and 1 innovation question. The 2 behavioral questions were very easy. Talked about personal experiences at school. Logic question was very straight forward (plugged in values and got the answer). The design question was a little bit tricky. It made me really think about the problem and how I could provide a solution to this. Innovation question was very easy and came up with an innovative idea to solve the problem. Had the interview today and I am currently waiting if I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• An 'A' grade is not always as rewarding as a hard earned 'B' grade. Can you tell me about a time when this situation happened?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to work with a team and you had to adjust to other team members' ideas? Was there someone in the team that may have caused a conflict?   Answer Question
    • Design question: Can you design an application where users are able to submit insurance claims for their belongings? What will be the components of the application? How will you design this application?   Answer Question
    • Innovation question: Can you think any innovative ways to authenticate users' identity in order to securely protect a system?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in October 2016.

Interview

I have tried for about 3 years to even get an interview with USAA. About 3 weeks ago, I was contacted by a recruiter to take an assessment. It was simple. After completing, the assessment I received an email with a date and time for an over the phone interview. The interview consisted of me telling about myself and STAR questions. At the end of the interview o was invited for a face to face with a hiring manager. The interview was relaxed but it was made clear of what they would expect of me. About a week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What are 4 words a previous employer would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is non negotiable.

Fraud Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They want you to be relaxed/yourself. 2 managers interviewing very open to your comments and ask you to ask questions if you have any intermittently. All staff very friendly. I dressed better than my interviewers but then again I was the one looking for work.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few questions, name a time when you had a problem and how you resolved it. Name a time when you dealt with an unhappy customer. Name a time when you went through organizational change. All were asked to be answered in a 1. what happened 2. what did you do 3. what was the resolution.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked me a few questions about my resume and then proceeded to ask a couple of behavioral questions followed by one analytical question. In addition they asked me a few questions such as "why did I choose my field of study" and "why did I decide to apply at USAA".

Interview Questions

• If you had $100 million dollars to invest in a company, what are some key things you would consider?   Answer Question