USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Property Claims Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in-person interview with managers. I was selected for a background and drug screen. I was specifically advised that as long as I cleared the background and drug screen I would get an offer. The background took close to one month. In the end I received a group email, including me and eleven other potential hires, stating that we had all cleared the background check but the upcoming training class we had interviewed for was filled, and if a spot opened up I would be notified, or they would contact me for the next start date. I thought the group email was very unprofessional. I now have access to the other eleven candidates' emails, and obviously, their identities. If you apply, keep looking for another job.

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation to complete the online screening, had phone interview. The HR specialist was very friendly during the phone interview and at the end of the interview said that all went well and that I should expect a call within 2 days to schedule the next interview with the hiring manager and explained all the further steps of the hiring process. I have NOT received a call to schedule the next interview as advised, instead I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA? Example of handling a difficult/unsatisfied customer. Example of going above and beyond in my customer service experience   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA in July 2017.

Interview

Within a month I received an email to take the questionaire. A week later they called me to set up a phone interview that would take place another week later. Phone interviewer said I was great and scheduled me with a face to face interview with manager on site. Just had that interview. Rather relaxed setting but I was nervous. But they do ask those behavioral questions. Just highlight your skills. She said I'd here back in about a week, though I'm not very confident I was a sure "sell".

Interview Questions

• tell me of a time where you lead a team to reach a common goal   Answer Question

Member Solutions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Glendale, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was then sent an email to take an online skills assessment the next day. The assessment took about an hour and was definitely a bit of a challenge. I passed the assessment and received a call from their recruiter advising of a phone interview the next day. After doing well on the phone interview, I was asked to go in for a face to face interview 2 days later. I interviewed with 2 managers and it lasted about45 minutes. Very comfortable interview, however it's intense, and you should do your research, and be prepared to answer STAR related questions, and give detailed examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer that lost trust in the company. How did you handle the situation, and what steps did you take to resolve the customers issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to up sell a product or service that the customer had no interest in.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Telephone, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional but not rigid, relaxed and business friendly, about twenty minutes long. That was initial interview, second one today. Many generalized questions, such as give an example of when you went above and beyond for your employer.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Fantastic process. Very well-organized.

From start to offer, I was impressed with USAA's interview process. Steps included a phone interview with HR, followed by a thirty-minute call with the hiring manager about a week later, and finally, an in-person interview lasting about 5 hours. All of the in-person interviews focused on behavioral type questions, i.e., tell me about a time, give me an example when... Great conversations all around! Be prepared with specific work examples from previous employment and great questions for each of the interviewers. And you'll be well on your way to a great offer from a terrific company!

They say the recruitment process is telling of what your experience at a company will be like.... Well, needless to say, I'm excited for what lies ahead!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Decent half day to one day interview process, Quiz and social discussions, Agile Discussions, Group interview with various applicants in two different block and then split into separate technical interview with actual manager and team.

Interview Questions

• Gave a scenario to build an basic mobile application start to finish? I built more than 15 apps, so it is not much difficult to me.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

It was easy and every question was explained to me after being asked. Each question had two parts and was asked to answer in the star method. Being able to tell a story in your responses will do you good

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that I went above and beyond for a customer and how I let them know that I appreciate your business   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It was comprehensive and case based. Two in person interviews, one on campus. Interviewed with multiple people. Had a background screening. Had a drug test. Met a lot of people in the process. Interviewers were outgoing and kind.

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview that lasted about 40 minutes. They mostly explained the position and what to expect with training and a few easy questions in the first interview. I was selected for a second interview which was a bit longer and more of a typical interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question