USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

This was not quite yet an interview. I go to Purdue University and USAA came to an event here on campus. I talked to three different recruiters: One a newly graduated employee, and two other men who had worked there awhile. My first encounter was with one older gentleman. He seemed very uninterested in anything I was talking about and told me to attend the booth. Fine, he maybe didn't like me. However, my second encounter was with my girlfriend and the two other recruiters. It was a short conversation where I spoke once and my girlfriend spoke twice. It was a fine meeting and we dispersed. 20 minutes later the older gentleman comes up to me and states "Hey you shouldn't let that girl do all the talking you should be talking". I was shocked he would say that but he brushed it off. He then acted superior to me and I went away. I was very unimpressed with the recruiters they brought and therefore with the company. If these are the people that are supposed to be recruiting more talent, I don't want anything to do with USAA.

Interview Questions

• What major are you and what role are you looking for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in September 2016.

Interview

Initial Interview with Recruiter, followed by a skills test involving office skills and situational questions. If you do well on this test you will be asked to conduct an interview with the department manager. Due to location I was able to conduct the interview over the phone.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There were 3 behavioral questions along with 1 logic question and 2 design questions. Typical questions that could be answered using STAR. The first logic question and design question were on paper, while the 3rd question was asked verbally and you had to explain your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What other methods besides security questions could be used to verify someone's identity?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to complete a long assessment before even getting approved for an interview. It consists of scenarios, math, and personality questions If you don't get approved they don't tell you what you did wrong.

Recent Graduate IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very professional. There were three problem solving questions given with a time limit for working them out. At the end of the interview I was asked what I saw myself doing in a fews years time. The interview was easy and I was told that I would find out whether or not I was selected for second round interviews in less than a month.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an application to determine value of belongings for a claim.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the headquarters in San Antonio, TX, with 2 hiring managers (after an initial phone screening). They started off with general questions about me and going over my resume, then some situational questions about "what did you do when..." or "how did you handle XYZ situation..." Hiring managers were really nice, explained the position and what to expect in GREAT detail, ha. Appreciated their transparency and willingness to explain everything about the job upfront without me having to ask. Whole interview lasted around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a hard decision at work or school, and how you handled it/the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What actions did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The first 1:1 interview was held at my university which consisted of design and logic questions. A couple weeks later I received a call inviting me back for a second interview. They flew me out to San Antonio where I went through a group interview where they tested my ability to work with others. There was another 1:1 interview that was very similar to the first interview that consisted of math logic questions.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

A phone screen followed by an onsite series of interviews. Then two weeks later, they wanted me onsite again. After another two weeks they tell me the role they had in mind has been altered and they're confused with their needs.

Interview Questions

• The typical resume questions and market and business case thought questions.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Online application process , followed by telephone interview with Human resources to verify info on resume, work experience, interest in position, etc. Then selected to interview with manager for position and conducted one on one. Overall, very pleasant and positive process. Would be difficult for someone who has no work expertise or experience for the involved position

Interview Questions

• Common questions relevant to position to gauge professional knowledge, best and worst recent experiences at work, describe time I dealt with difficult person, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

One initial phone screening interview, then if selected to continue to their next step. .. you would then receive an email that includes things like their online application and assessment, then if selected to continue you would then be set up with a usaa phone recruiter that will serve as an introduction to what the position is, you would answer some various behavioral questions, then if the interview went well he/she would offer information on the position and the company's benefits as well as set you up with an interview physically with the position's hiring manager(s), then finally :) if selected you would then go through their background check. It's a very long and thorough process, to which if you're lucky you'll have their best recruiter ever, Mr. Fraser, he definitely makes sure that whatever position that you are applying for it fits best not just only for USAA but must importantly YOU. I can't thank Him enough for being their every step of the way. By the way I did get the position and am totally excited to be able to serve those again with those who continously serves us.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time that you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is basically an entry level position, no negotiations. My advice is be prepared for their phone screening to your initial phone interview to definitely their hiring managers. "Focus on the job description to which you're applying for."