USAA Marketing Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at USAA

1 Interview Review

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Started with a one hour phone interview, then got called back for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was very comfortable and the hiring manager asked a lot of good questions. The in-person interview was humorous at first because the manager was in a Hawaiian shirt and jeans (casual Friday). Again, it went really well. I appreciate that he let me talk about my work quite a bit rather than just asking the standard, boring questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions had to do with my personality, but I am glad that he asked. He wanted honest answers about things that bother me, which just tells me that he wanted the right person for his team and not just for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went pretty quick. The only option was a contractor agreement at a set hourly rate. There really was no negotiation. You do have a lot to do before you can start (drug test, background test, proof of college graduation, etc.), but they're very organized about it.