USAA Member Relationship Specialist III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Member Relationship Specialist III Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

First, they call you up to take a phone interview with a HR person. Then if you pass the set up a time for you to take a computer based ethics test. After you pass the test you interview with a manager. If they like you, you get call quick like next day in some cases to set up a time for a background check and drug test. After all that is passed your scheduled a date and time to start a formal training class.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the military? Do you have family member in the military or are you in the military. Why did you leave your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just gave me an offer and I accpeted

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

There were 3-4 interviews, a combination of over-the-phone, in-person, and group interviews. The HR personnel did a number of phone calls initially in attempts to weed people out; very standard interview questions. The in-person interviews were definitely more intense and 1-2 managers would ask specific questions related to former jobs, skills, and to determine if candidates were a good corporate fit. If all of those are passed, they ask for a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time when you were conflicted between your integrity and doing the right thing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, onsite testing, onsite interview, second interview and then hired. Training 3 months to include studying and passing insurance test for license in several states. Must have good credit with no delinquent accounts. A co-worker told me they had delinquent accounts and had to pay them off and show proof before hiring process could continue.

Interview Questions

• Typical standard behavioral questions. How you would handle situations within the workplace including theft, bullying, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard hourly rate applies to this position. Hourly rate is great for this area and most people wouldn't want to for an entry level position like this.

Member Relationship Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online, took personality test. Had phone interview which lead to one on one interview. Have to pass a very strict background and credit check

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team environment? What is your sales background   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation available

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online, they called me for phone interview. then skills test, then interview by a manager, then drug test

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Starts with the online application, if you are pursued you are sent an assessment to complete, if you pass the assessment you are sent for a drug test, after those results are received you are scheduled for an initial phone interview, then an in-person interview with two managers. If you are selected, you are sent an email confirmation to accept the job offer. You are placed in a new-hire group to start on a specific date.

Interview Questions

• You do realize you will have to stay in your position at least 5 years before you will have a chance to apply for other positions or try something new because it is very competitive here, how do you feel about that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for a claims job and did not get it, but a recruiter contacted me by email about the sales position. I completed the application on the website and within 3 days received an email to complete an assessment. The assessment was personality, intelligence, critical thinking, and a mock customer service test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and it took a good month to hear back. I had a friend work there and I put her name down so I think that helped. I received an email that I was sure was spam until I looked it up and verified it was legit. I then completed the online app, and did the assessment it was so easy! A personality test and call center environment stimulation. After that I received an email two days later that said congratulations i've made it this far in the hiring process along with an interview date for a phone interview with the phone rep for two days later. Over the phone we went over my resume, and she asked where I see myself in 2 years with the company, and also why would I want to become part of USAA. Super easy! I A'ced the interview and was then set up with a final interview on site with 2 managers. I responded back and declined the interview and sent them my gratitude.

Interview Questions

I eventually declined the offer after weighing the pros and cons of the employment. Pros being a good starting salary with superb benefits, but the cons were heavily weighed down by endless days of making sales quotas and working via the phone in a call center environment. USAA is wonderful, I've been a very impressed member for the past four years and will continue to do so but the call center environment is not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I first applied in December 2010, was contacted at the end of the month. I was asked to do an online assessment and skills test. I was then scheduled for a phone interview mid January, right then I was scheduled for a face to face interview in February. The environment was a little snobby, the interviewees were really nice. The questions were general interview questions as well as some role playing.

Interview Questions

• *Which of USAA's core values do you feel describes you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

I set up a profile on the USAA career center and applied online. Four days later I received an email to complete two assessments within 48 hours. They were unique and took at least an hour to submit. One assessment included answering solutions to math, grammar, organization, personality and the other was an inbound call simulation. I received an email the next day with my phone interview (date, time, contact) which was to take place the following week. The phone interview was a very important step, and she let me know right away I was going forward. I initiated a background check, submitted a UA, and next day, visited on campus for a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager from the department I applied for. Later that day, I was emailed that, based on my interviews, I would be selected for employment when my prescreening results came back acceptable. A week later I got the official call with my start date! There were about 3-4 people walking me through the process the entire time and really made the experience worthwhile.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Position is entry-level and pay is fair. There is potential for increases decided by performance/advancement.