USAA Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Member Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took almost a week and I got an email with a link to an online assessment. After about a week I received an email to schedule a phone interview. From the phone interview I was told and scheduled my face to face interview on campus (San Antonio)
It was before 2 people. One asking questions another typing responses. Lasted 30-40 minutes. I was told I would here back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time of when a customer was upset/unhappy with your company or policy. What did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

Phone Interview, then came onsite for IQ/Skills Test, then met with Hiring Manager
    Situational based interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation in regards to salary.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in November
    Recieved and email to take the assessment.
    About 2 weeks later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview. However, it could be two weeks before I was scheduled. A week went by and I received and email about the phone interview and time.
    The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. STAR behavior questions were asked. I was told I would move on to the onsite interview. The interview was a week later. The San Antonio campus is huge I sugguest getting there early. There is limited parking. My face 2 face interview was 45 mins. STAR questions once again. This was a relaxed setting.
    1 week later I was called and offered the job only if I pasted mt background check. It took 14 days to complete. The roughest part was the back ground check. The third part company is not the best.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a long process, online assessment then in person interview. There was a background check because you are dealing with peoples finances. It seem a bit long between times there was followup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Online skills tests required - including concepts like reading comprehension and typing skills. Quick phone interview. Lengthier in-person situational interview. The interview process is as expected. The lengthiest part was completing the detailed background check after being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a situation at work where you did not get along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit a resume online for specific position. If you skills match a number of criteria, the next step is an on-line computer assessment to test your ability to navigate through a few sample scenarios. Upon successful completion of the assessment, a recruiter will call and set-up a quick phone call to discuss the next steps and ask a few additional questions. If all goes well, receive an email to set-up an on-site interview. The interview is approximately 30-minutes with two recruiters - one taking notes on a computer, and the second asking questions and watching reactions. At the conclusion, a specific date for hire, not-hire is given. An email is sent with the decision and if positive, a start date. The start date was a month and a half after the hire notification [this may vary].

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit ambiguous. The Human Capital department conducts a two part qualification process. The first part is an electronic assessment that simulates and gauges active listening, response to stress, and clerical typing.

Once Complete (should you pass the electronic simulation) begins the interview with hiring specialist.

Interview Questions

• What is a particular skill that you have, that you believe can be translate well into the work environment. Also give an example of where you used this in your previous vocation.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied for a few positions. I finally had an email to take an assessment. About a week later I had a phone interview, then was scheduled the next day for a manager interview. I thought it went well considering they sent me on a drug test. Called today to give the recruiter some information (more than a week after interview) and was told I was not being hired. Glad they never bothered to tell me. I guess talk a lot they apparently want you to ramble on or you are to quite in their opinion. Its called being professional not quite.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to have people work together   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

It took about 4 months to finally start work from start of interview process which seems long. There is an initial phone interview, then came in for another short interview and some basic computer keying test, final face to face interview. Received a call with job offer a couple months later and then was instructed what to do next with drug testing, finger printing, paperwork to provide for HR.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had with a dissatisfied customer and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a set base pay offered and that is the offer. No further negotiation of pay.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial contact was by phone followed up by a test and in-person interview. I was job offered a short time later.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions at the time. "Give us an example of how you resolved a customer issue"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiatioin at the time since it was an entry level position.