USAA Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position over 2 months ago. They sent me an assessment that took about an hour. Last week I had my first phone interview and after the recruiter set me up for an in person interview. I went and I felt pretty confident since I have 12 years of experience in customer service as well as sales. Unfortunately the next day I received an email stating that overs were more qualified then myself. I feel like I wasted a ton of time for an entry level position. Good luck if you apply. For me I will not be reapplying again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about 45 minutes later with an online assessment. Took the assessment and 2 days later I received an email about a job interview. After the first interview I was referred to a second one. After the second interview I was told wait 3-5 days for a response. About 24 hours later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you successfully up sold a product.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a customer who did not want the services and ended up convincing them of signing up? If so how did you do it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

It was an easy process. They have you do a a computer exam for your personality testing and contact center computer test, then a phone interview and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember a question I was asked. My interview process was a while ago at this point. There wasn't anything out of the norm though.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in November
    Recieved and email to take the assessment.
    About 2 weeks later I received an email stating I was selected for a phone interview. However, it could be two weeks before I was scheduled. A week went by and I received and email about the phone interview and time.
    The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. STAR behavior questions were asked. I was told I would move on to the onsite interview. The interview was a week later. The San Antonio campus is huge I sugguest getting there early. There is limited parking. My face 2 face interview was 45 mins. STAR questions once again. This was a relaxed setting.
    1 week later I was called and offered the job only if I pasted mt background check. It took 14 days to complete. The roughest part was the back ground check. The third part company is not the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took almost a week and I got an email with a link to an online assessment. After about a week I received an email to schedule a phone interview. From the phone interview I was told and scheduled my face to face interview on campus (San Antonio)
    It was before 2 people. One asking questions another typing responses. Lasted 30-40 minutes. I was told I would here back from HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time of when a customer was upset/unhappy with your company or policy. What did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a long process, online assessment then in person interview. There was a background check because you are dealing with peoples finances. It seem a bit long between times there was followup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Online skills tests required - including concepts like reading comprehension and typing skills. Quick phone interview. Lengthier in-person situational interview. The interview process is as expected. The lengthiest part was completing the detailed background check after being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a situation at work where you did not get along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Submit a resume online for specific position. If you skills match a number of criteria, the next step is an on-line computer assessment to test your ability to navigate through a few sample scenarios. Upon successful completion of the assessment, a recruiter will call and set-up a quick phone call to discuss the next steps and ask a few additional questions. If all goes well, receive an email to set-up an on-site interview. The interview is approximately 30-minutes with two recruiters - one taking notes on a computer, and the second asking questions and watching reactions. At the conclusion, a specific date for hire, not-hire is given. An email is sent with the decision and if positive, a start date. The start date was a month and a half after the hire notification [this may vary].

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit ambiguous. The Human Capital department conducts a two part qualification process. The first part is an electronic assessment that simulates and gauges active listening, response to stress, and clerical typing.

Once Complete (should you pass the electronic simulation) begins the interview with hiring specialist.

Interview Questions

• What is a particular skill that you have, that you believe can be translate well into the work environment. Also give an example of where you used this in your previous vocation.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied for a few positions. I finally had an email to take an assessment. About a week later I had a phone interview, then was scheduled the next day for a manager interview. I thought it went well considering they sent me on a drug test. Called today to give the recruiter some information (more than a week after interview) and was told I was not being hired. Glad they never bothered to tell me. I guess talk a lot they apparently want you to ramble on or you are to quite in their opinion. Its called being professional not quite.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to have people work together   Answer Question