USAA Mortgage Processor III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Mortgage Processor III Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on line, received assessment test via email, two days later recieved a email for on the phone interview. The lady was nice during the interview asked a lot of behavorial questions. However at the end of the interview question...I knew I did not get the job or make it to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• I was a little unprepared "Star Method Interview" questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The first part of the interview process went great. I spoke with a recruiter online, I'm super outgoing and goal oriented so we had a great conversation in regards to how I would excel in the position as a Mortgage Processor. I had all the pertinent experience, I was confident and ready to go, as I've always wanted an opportunity with USAA. After the initial conversation, I got invited for an in-person interview at their Tampa location. I live in Jacksonville and traveled to Tampa for the interview with HR. When I got to the actual in-person interview, I had nothing but negative vibes from the two HR people conducting my interview. There were no smiles, no questions about my work history, no asking why i would be a good fit for the company. They had sheets of paper in front of me, didn't hold a conversation, but only asked me absurd questions that had nothing to do with the position itself. One of them was super unprofessional, didn't shake my hand, didn't say a word, just looked at me and asked questions. I felt that I was discriminated against and honestly will be filing a complaint however I am able to. I've never interviewed for a position and have not gotten the job. HORRIBLE interview experience, and if those are the people in HR I'm glad they didn't offer me a position anyway.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to work as a real estate processor?

Are you prepared for a lot of stress and expectations from you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview manager was very nice and informative about the position. Process from the time I applied to the time I got a phone interview was about 6 weeks. I had a phone interview with my recruiter and she had a face to face interview for me the next day. It took about a week until I was confirmed to take the next step for a drug test and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

This interview process took approximately two weeks for me. It started first with a phone interview which was mostly a formal description of your job duties and what to expect working for them. ( A lot of info.)

As soon as the interview was over the lady asked me if I was available for a second interview with the Hiring Manager the next day. I did the second interview over the phone with one of the Hiring Managers which was able to answer more questions that pertained to the Mortgage Dept and asked another round of the typical interview questions. After about a 30 minute interview and a lot of questions asked and answered between us both we concluded and the gentleman told me that I would hear a response with 7 business days. I got an email the very next day with an offer! All of this was done over the phone since I did not live in that state I was applying for.

They gave me about a week before I gave a formal answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you above and beyond your line of work.

Give us a situation in which you turned a negative experience for a customer into a good one.

Where do you see yourself in 2 years? 5 years??   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position the same week it was posted. I read an article that USAA gets TONS of resumes so you want to apply as soon as it posts because if you wait a day, the hiring manager most likely has already picked a pool of people.

A week after I applied, I received the online assessment to complete. Make sure you check your email daily because they only give 3 days to complete and ensure you answer honestly because they look for trends to ensure you are answering honestly. USAA is all about ethics and honesty so they are looking for people that align with their values.

After completing the online assessment it took 2 weeks to receive an email to confirm my phone interview. They say the interview is with a recruiter and is 10-20 mins and is basically job descriptions but my call was much longer and I was asked many questions. I would prepare for a full phone interview. The conversation ended with the recruiter asking me to come in for face-to-face interview.

I met with two managers the next week who made me feel comfortable, but I also made sure I was prepared and studies behavior interview questions. After my interview I received a phone call a hour later offering me the position. I heard of another new hire who also got hired right after the interview so I think that was a trend.

Study the business, values, job, and behavioral questions. Use real life examples and how you overcame the situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a decision that didn't go your way?   Answer Question
    • What would your last manager say about you?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to juggle many different duties and how do you decide what to do first and what can be put on hold?   1 Answer
    • Name a situation you stuck to the policy of the company when others didn't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't allow me to negotiate the salary

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. She began by giving the job description and salary and asked if I was still interested in the position. She then went over my work and education history and asked a couple of situational type of questions. We were on the phone about 30 minutes and then she said she would like to go ahead and set up an appointment for a face-to-face interview with the department managers. She gave me a few words of advice for that interview, how to better answer questions and what part of my education to emphasize.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer? Give an example of a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was a simple process. After completing your resume and being selected to do the computer based test, you get a phone interview with a recruiter. It is a fairly simple interview with situational/behavior based questions. After that you meet with a hiring manager and answer similar questions. Then the wait begins to hear if you got the position after you complete your drug screen and background.

Interview Questions

• Basic situation based questions like how have you handled disgruntled customers. Etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave you a set wage based on job class.

Mortgage Processor III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

As a military officer retiring after almost 30 yrs. I was offered a different position than I had applied for with a salary that was less than 16.50 an hour. Which was an insult to my intelligence. Being gracious I accepted the next interview with caution, only for practice.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about dealing with disgruntled customers?   2 Answers

Mortgage Processor III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The initial interview was with a recruiter. A day later I had an interview with the mortgage processor managers. The managers asked basic interview questions and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something didn't go the way you had planned it to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, Called for 1 on 1 interview. Was like a conversation compare to being drilled with questions. There was only one manager compared to multiple people interviewing me. They are really looking for character and good people skills. They train you how to do your job so don't be concerned with that.