USAA Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.8

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Great process, Fast, Efficient and above all informative. The Talent Aquisitions and hiring manager were really up-beat and very positive about making USAA a career for retiring from. I would definitely refer them to anyone looking for similar skill sets. Very organized transition.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Total Loss Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took over a month to hear back. Was sent an email to take an online assessment which was behavioral based plus a speed typing test & fairly easy. Almost 2 more weeks passed before I received another email from the recruiter for a phone interview a week later. It only took about 10 min and was easy as well. Predictable STAR method. Was set up right after the phone interview for a f2f at campus another week later. 2 interviewers, one asking questions while another is typing. Very nice people, very pleasant interview at a dedicated interview area close to the entrance and away from the call floor which I found is a very efficient way and reduces confusion on an applicant when trying to find what is where. I was told I would hear back from my recruiter in 3-5 days about the next steps regarding background check and drug testing which led me to believe I was going to move forward, however this was obvioulsy just be a standard blanket statement which is something they should refrain from. After 6 business days I still hadn't heard anything while my application status at their website remained at "interviewing". I emailed my recruiter and never got the courtesy of a response however not even 24 hours later after I emailed that person my online status changed to "no longer under consideration" and I have no other choice but to assume I was not selected based on that as I was not notified either way. I have never interviewed anywhere else where the application process took this long nor having to wait in limbo this amount of time with zero notification from the recruiter. Quite unprofessional and disappointing. Overall impression of the company now is less than stellar. I also found out that they check applicant's credit during the background check phase which takes another astounding 2 weeks. Bottom line; streamline & revamp this entire tedious process, time is money! Let an applicant know yay or nay!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an angry customer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a time when something didn't go as planned. STAR based questions   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on line, received assessment test via email, two days later recieved a email for on the phone interview. The lady was nice during the interview asked a lot of behavorial questions. However at the end of the interview question...I knew I did not get the job or make it to the next phase.

Interview Questions

• I was a little unprepared "Star Method Interview" questions.   Answer Question

Member Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview and background check. Lengthy process and took about two weeks. Before the interview there is a skills test and also after the first interview a drug test.

Auto Adjuster II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen then in person interview.

In person interview was with 2 hiring managers. 1 physically there and the other was present by phone. The in person interviewer seemed like he had done a million of these and rattled off STAR question after STAR question.

I was contacted by HR 2 days later with an offer. After accepting the offer I then declined during the background check because I was offered a better position for me at another company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a very difficult customer.   1 Answer

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Very informal phone interview. Then they had me come to the head office for the in person interview. Very easy all around process to go through. They put me up in a nice hotel and fed me a nice dinner. Got a tour of the campus, which is amazing, and got to see the sales floor etc

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you over came a personality conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

Member Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with HR. Then had an in person interview with a sales manager. The turnover is high, so there are a lot of people interviewing. You then need to go for a drug test and get finger print clearance before you can officially be offered the job. Once they offer you the job, you wait until the next training class is open because they want to start about 30 people at once- so there may be a wait.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You will get offered more to start with a college degree.

Data Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very long process overall. Job was posted for the Phoenix location; however, it was clear that the company wanted an employee in San Antonio. When asked if I was willing to relocate, I said that I was not. This question was asked at lest three times during a thirty minute phone interview. The interviewer explained how it would be better to have an employee with the rest of the team in San Antonio. Fairly frustrating interview and very long time to wait for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between logistic and linear regression?   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview manager was very nice and informative about the position. Process from the time I applied to the time I got a phone interview was about 6 weeks. I had a phone interview with my recruiter and she had a face to face interview for me the next day. It took about a week until I was confirmed to take the next step for a drug test and background check.

Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Presumably, I made it passed a then received an email inviting me to take a test. I did so and it took me longer than the advised 40-50 minutes. It was a combination of personality questions and a skills simulation program. It took me more like an hour and a half. It's a good idea to make sure you understand the simulation and do the practice before jumping in and starting. I was selected for a phone interview. It was short, but direct. This is where my journey ended.

Interview Questions

• I really only remember 2 questions. First, I was asked my why I wanted a the part-time position. Second questions was regarding my ability to influence and persuade.   1 Answer