USAA Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

295 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied Online, took about 1 week before an email to schedule a phone interview.
    In total two phone interviews lasting 30 minutes then an invite to USAA Campus.
    The Process was simple and smooth.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

After completing the initial application, about a week or so later, I received a email to complete the assessment. The assessment took about an hour to complete. The following day I received an email requesting a phone interview the following week. I just got off my phone interview and the interviewer went over what the job description was and salary and previous experiences. She asked me about three questions and then stated she wanted to set me up on another phone interview with the manager the next week. Hopefully the next one flows as smoothly

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer that was not necessarily apart of your job description?   1 Answer

Total Loss Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online at their website about 2 months ago. Received an assessment a month later. Theres no follow up or email regarding how you did or the status of your application. Their website will just list 'Under Review". Called for an interview 2 weeks ago and the HR person seemed distracted, disorganized and after 5 minutes of talking set me up for a face to face interview. Went to the main office and met 2 hiring managers. They were both very intense. The position is entry level however, the managers described it as if I was applying to take Stuart Parker's job (USAA CEO). I was excited about the position until this face to face. The amount of work I was described in comparison to the pay is totally off base.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screening by contract recruiter, asking me to walk through my career to date. Following that review, briefly discussed job expectations, benefit package and the approximate salary range to ensure we weren't completely out of the ballpark. Set up for phone call more than a week later for second stage interview, which was very conversational, no behavioral questions at all. Asked to be patient for third round interview.

Interview Questions

• How to apply strategy in commercial business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online then about three weeks later I got an email to take an assessment online. It was easy and took about an hour. Within a week I got an email setting up a phone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and it went smoothly, At the end of it we scheduled and appointment for an in-person interview , which I have in a couple of days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview was very cordial. They asked typical questions. the interviewer seemed to enjoy her job. After the interview they set up another face to face interview at there place of business.

Interview Questions

• have you ever upsold a customer that didnt want to be upsold   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position over 2 months ago. They sent me an assessment that took about an hour. Last week I had my first phone interview and after the recruiter set me up for an in person interview. I went and I felt pretty confident since I have 12 years of experience in customer service as well as sales. Unfortunately the next day I received an email stating that overs were more qualified then myself. I feel like I wasted a ton of time for an entry level position. Good luck if you apply. For me I will not be reapplying again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career site. It was fairly easy to navigate. After that I was emailed details on completing an assesment. I believe I did well because I was set up for a phone interview with a member of HR. The representative was very friendly and asked me some behavioral questions. We also went over compensation. I am now due to have a face to face interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to sell a product to a customer that had objected to a product your were trying to sell them?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavioral questions focused on technical expertise more so than leadership.

Promotion within is hard. Best to come in to exec ranks.

Many long-term employees with little to no experience in the military or any other company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... Always answer with Situation, Behavior and Outcome   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

just so you know, it is very difficult to get an interview with USAA. If you do get the opportunity to interview, do not squander this shot. I applied to multiple jobs that I had the perfect qualifications for and received so many rejection notices, even after I had this job I still received rejection notices. Stay positive. People get hired here every day.

You can increase your chance of getting an interview by tailoring your resume to the job posting (use an app like jobscan). A few tweeks to your resume can get it moved up to the top of the stack. Shoot for 80%.

Also, in the application process, there are a few questions, such as: do you have 5 years experience. If you answer any of these 'no' you will not get the interview. just remember, without the interview you cannot get the job.
    My interview was with the hiring manager and the lead engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? (this was the second question that they asked)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to sell something to someone that didn't want any of it. (this was the third question that they asked.)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself. (this was the first question that they asked)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about some of the statistical tools that you have used in past projects. (be ready for questions about the area that you are applying - stats, project management tools, HR systems, coding languages, etc.)   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me? (last question)   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with DFSS?   1 Answer