USAA Software Developer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

1st interview was on my college campus, it was one on one, and not very technical. 2nd interview was onsite, single interview with a manager and senior software developer, also not very technical. For the second interview we were put up in a nice hotel and taken to dinner as a group by a manager and a relatively new software developer. In the morning we were all picked up and taken onsite for a tour and interview. It was an all day thing, but only one interview.

Interview Questions

• You climb a 60 foot tree and have the ability to span up to 3 feet at a time. What's the minimum number of branches you'd have to touch to get the top?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The process took about 2 and a half weeks. Met them at the career fair and was invited to dinner at a fancy restaurant. Had an on campus interview the next day which took about an hour. About half of the interview was behavioral questions and the other half were design questions.

I got invited out for a final interview at USAA in Plano. It lasted around 5 hours plus lunch. They went over benefits packages and the company vision, etc. Another 1 hour interview same as the first one. Felt good about the interview and they made me feel like I was getting a job. Got a rejection email 3 to 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is an innovation you can produce for USAA's customer service program?   Answer Question

Software Developer III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

When I first went the had the initial interview with a large group of candidates at Pappasitos. The kind of interview that you aren't suppose to know is an interview but that's obviously a behavioral one. Then I meet with two managers for the second part of the interview. Where they ask all the standard what are you skills and what was the most challenging thing you have had to deal with. But to be honest I probably asked them more questions than they asked me.

Interview Questions

• There honestly weren't any difficult questions. but that's changed. I would be prepared to answer a few coding questions these days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none. They offered me more than Toyota did at the time and I was happy.

Software Developer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in March 2011.

Interview

First an online application, then a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview in front of a panel of 2 managers. Questions were easy, mainly behavioral questions, very few (but easy) technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you've worked on before in a team situation and how it turned out.   Answer Question

Software Developer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview

You get a phone interview, dinner interview, and x on 1 interview. They set you up with air fare, one night stay at a hotel, and a shuttle to and from the hotel. It's a shuttle bus not a limo. The dinner interview is you sitting down with your competition and some USAA reps. Next day you meet up with everyone around 6am and the shuttle takes you to USAA. You get the interview done early, around 9am and the rest of the day is you walking around the building. They do give you breakfast and lunch. The day ends around 2pm or 3pm.