Find jobs for Software Engineer

USAA Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 1,302.0 interviews

Recruiter13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

Regardless how good you are in coding, you need to have people skills. You will be put through an exercise to demonstrate how well you work with a team and how you prioritize tasks.

Interview Questions
  • You will have to answer two coding questions involving finding the bug.
    1 Answer

USAA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USAA in Jan 2022

Interview

Phone screen appointment was 35 minutes late! There was a language barrier as I had to ask her several times to repeat a question. Also, it seemed like the recruiter did not have my resume in front of her. At the end, I felt as of she did not truly understand how I had responded to her questions. I cannot understand how USAA uses foreign based recruiters with such a heavy accent to phone screen qualified applicants.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work on-site?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about USAA

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

USAA

Application

I interviewed at USAA

Interview

I was interviewed while in college on campus. The interview was divided into 3 parts. The first was the general getting to know you part, then a technical phase which included a problem you had to solve and the final part was just questions you had for the recruiters.

Interview Questions
  • Given a set area and a number of points located inside the area, how would you code a function that ensures that most points are counted without going one by one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

2 behavioral interviews there was a couple of pair exercises to solve a problem with a pair to determine how you work with others. and a logic test that is pretty easy they will help guide you through it

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

The interview process was not too challenging, they definitely want to test your basic background in programming knowledge. I wasn't as prepared as I liked but the interviewers were friendly and respectful.

Interview Questions
  • Create an process that goes through an array and reorders items within the array using pseudo-code.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in Feb 2020

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of the Department I applied for and another employee. They were super nice and easy to talk to. I got asked some personality questions followed by some technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?

USAA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

Great hiring process the interview was very streamlined. I would recommend it to a friend. I would also like to give a shout out to the amazing HR staff which allowed for such an expedited hiring process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in May 2019

Interview

Multiple phone screenings followed by on-site interviews. In-person interview focused less on coding skills and more on project management and teamwork. On-site interview consisted of a group interview followed-by a team specific interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are some ETL tools that you love and hate?

USAA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

Standard behavior questions about leadership and their core values with one technical question timed at 10 minutes. They then asked about the history of the company and wondered if I found anything particularly interesting

Interview Questions
  • Determine the smallest area of a square that encapsules all given points in a list.
3 people found this interview helpful

USAA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA

Interview

I had an campus interview with USAA. Then I had an on site interview at USAA. The interviews were quick after applying and the recruiters were all very nice and helpful along the way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews