USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Addison, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Once I was accepted to the next process I was contacted through e-mail. Took an online testing that was a few parts; questions about personality, questions about numbers and filing, and then a simulated online call center. It was more than I expected, but manageable if you've worked in a call center type environment before. After that I did a over the phone interview, mostly situation questions looking for a resolution in certain circumstances. A week later I was schedule for an in person interview with two hiring managers. Same type of questions about issues and how you resolved them or up sold a person. Signed a contingency offer, and waiting for my background check and drug test to clear so I can get a finalized offer. From application to where I'm at it took over a month. Two weeks after the in person interview before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you up sold a customer who didn't want to buy anything or wasn't happy. How did you handle a upset customer, and what did you do? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Simple behavioral questions. "Tell us about a time you provided outstanding customer service kind of questions" You have 2 people interviewing you. You're expected to complete a questionnaire and a test. If you're selected to interview, they email you.

They're looking for someone who can pass the test, do the job and fits the culture of the department which is quiet, reserved, professional and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you provided outstanding customer service? Tell us about a time you handled a particularly difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and completed a personality test and a mock sales call to see how fast I could type and if I was able to problem solve customer complaints and up sell products. The I had a phone screen, and finally an in person interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell them a cell phone   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Their HR, at least for pre-hire and prescreening, is run by a 3rd party company. They barely speak English. The worst part is that they had me submit all of my military DD214's (yes I have a few), and then proceeded to tell me that they don't verify military experience. I asked them why they had me submit my DD214's to them if they don't verify military experience. I could not get a straight answer.

Interview Questions

• I want you to sell me this phone (as the interviewer reaches in his pocket as pulls out his cellphone).   2 Answers
    • Can you tell us about any of your prospective opportunities.   1 Answer

Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty basic, then in person interview with mostly situational questions and a chance to go over questions you may have. Two managers interviewed me as well as the rest of the people in my training group.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Addison, TX Tell me about a time when you up sold a customer who didn't want to buy anything or wasn't happy. How did you handle a upset customer, and what did you do? Why do you want to work here?
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Phoenix, AZ Tell us about a time you provided outstanding customer service? Tell us about a time you handled a particularly difficult customer?
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Colorado Springs, CO They asked me to sell them a cell phone
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Colorado Springs, CO I want you to sell me this phone (as the interviewer reaches in his pocket as pulls out his cellphone).
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Colorado Springs, CO Can you tell us about any of your prospective opportunities.
USAA Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview Sell me something.