USAA Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation to complete the online screening, had phone interview. The HR specialist was very friendly during the phone interview and at the end of the interview said that all went well and that I should expect a call within 2 days to schedule the next interview with the hiring manager and explained all the further steps of the hiring process. I have NOT received a call to schedule the next interview as advised, instead I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA? Example of handling a difficult/unsatisfied customer. Example of going above and beyond in my customer service experience   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Then a 2nd with the hiring manager. Did not get the job even though I myself am a USAA member and transitioning out of the Army! I thought i would have the upper hand being a member and udnerstanding Military life since I am currently active duty. It baffles me that they would pick a joe shmo off the street instead of literally one of their own,

Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited about 2 weeks before being asked to do a personality test which tested my typing skills and asked about other behavioral and personality type questions. Two days later I received an email saying I was chosen to move forward and have a phone interview with a recruiter the next day. The phone interview was simple. Asked about resume and asked two behavioral questions. After talking to the recruiter for about 30 minutes he told me I would be moving onto the next interview and asked if I could come into the office. Unfortunately I live out of town and couldn't come into the office, but was given a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. I talked to two people on the phone for a total of an hour and the next day was offered the position pending a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at USAA?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you brought a group of people together whether for work or school.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a three step process. First is the online assessment which includes a typing test, then it's a phone interview, and then a face to face. Overall it was a pretty simple experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a decision that didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Passed. Scheduled for in-person interview within one week. Called the same day and moved to the background phase. The entire process from application to start date was 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received and email to complete the assessment. After the assessment, I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly thing I should expect along with on-site interview tips. He did ask a few questions like the typical, "How did you overcome an obstacle in your previous jobs." At the end of the phone interview, he passed me along to the next part of the interview process and scheduled me for the on-site interview, which was a week later. The on-site interview went great. They ask a lot of questions (so be prepared for that. Research your STAR questions and prepare these ahead of time). The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was extremely friendly. They really want you to relax so you can go in there and be yourself. That lasted about 30 minutes. After that interview you don't find out if you get the job, they send their recommendation to HR then HR will contact you with the outcome.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The usual email to schedule an interview with a phone recruiter. My recruiter called me on a Monday afternoon and was on a different planet. Sounded like she was still hungover and trying to snap out of her case of the Mondays. She even apologized for her delayed replays and quickly put me through to a 2nd interview.

At the 2nd interview, the interviewer came out right on time...to tell me she wasn't ready for me yet. Interview started 20 minutes late and was relatively short. I came well dressed and well rehearsed. But apparently a Bachelors degree, a military family, and 10 years of customer service experience can't get you a job making $16.34 an hour at a call center - unless you yourself served in the combat zone. They really should just clarify this ahead of time.

Whether or not there were other qualified candidates, this company's interview process is a total disaster.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about USAA?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to do an assesment which can take 35-45 min. I was then contacted from a recruiter via email for a phone interview. They called about 20 min late form the appointed time but was very apologetic and nice. Interview was short and to the point, basically stating the job and pay. Only questions were tell me about yourself and how to handle a difficult situation in the past. Then I was scheduled for a Face to Face. Face to Face was very laid back and lasted about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to sale someone dismissive of the product?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Tampa Palms, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

This is a high pressure sales role glorified as a cushy customer service job. The pay rate is $15.89 an hour - not worth it in my opinion. The first Recruiter was disorganized, rescheduled my phone interview three times. Face to face interview was uncomfortable and interviewer seemed to be on a high horse and out of touch with reality. Not sure what's up with that. The company did offer a nice benefits package, but I'll keep looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Too much micromanagement and not enough pay

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at USAA (Riverview, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a assessment received a email in reference to a interview time recruiter was nice explained job description and salary 34k stated you'd get offered more if you had a degree but i know someone who works there and negotiated for more money

Interview Questions

• behavioral,this initial process not hard,Im dreading onsite interview   Answer Question