USAA Total Loss Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USAA Total Loss Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took over a month to hear back. Was sent an email to take an online assessment which was behavioral based plus a speed typing test & fairly easy. Almost 2 more weeks passed before I received another email from the recruiter for a phone interview a week later. It only took about 10 min and was easy as well. Predictable STAR method. Was set up right after the phone interview for a f2f at campus another week later. 2 interviewers, one asking questions while another is typing. Very nice people, very pleasant interview at a dedicated interview area close to the entrance and away from the call floor which I found is a very efficient way and reduces confusion on an applicant when trying to find what is where. I was told I would hear back from my recruiter in 3-5 days about the next steps regarding background check and drug testing which led me to believe I was going to move forward, however this was obvioulsy just be a standard blanket statement which is something they should refrain from. After 6 business days I still hadn't heard anything while my application status at their website remained at "interviewing". I emailed my recruiter and never got the courtesy of a response however not even 24 hours later after I emailed that person my online status changed to "no longer under consideration" and I have no other choice but to assume I was not selected based on that as I was not notified either way. I have never interviewed anywhere else where the application process took this long nor having to wait in limbo this amount of time with zero notification from the recruiter. Quite unprofessional and disappointing. Overall impression of the company now is less than stellar. I also found out that they check applicant's credit during the background check phase which takes another astounding 2 weeks. Bottom line; streamline & revamp this entire tedious process, time is money! Let an applicant know yay or nay!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an angry customer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, name a time when something didn't go as planned. STAR based questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I was required to take an online assessment, then a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview the following day. Within an hour of completing my face-to-face, I was given a tentative offer, and sent information on background check and drug testing. Within 5 days, I was given a formal offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and the by the following week I got the first process in the interview the assessment, fairly easy just a typing test and questions about your beliefs, after that it took about 2-3 days and I was scheduled for a phone interview they will tell you on the phone if you are going further into the hiring process, I was set up for a final interview where the questions were STAR based questions (look it up if you really want the job) the interview was with 2 ladies very nice, and it consist of 4 interview questions so make sure you look up the STAR process! Took about 2 days from when I had the interview to hear back that I was accepted! Good luck and hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and how did you respond to it?

Why do you want to work for USAA?

What would your friends say about you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in February 2016 on USAA's website and didn't hear anything back till last week of March 2016 from a recruiter (so a month and a half after i applied). The initial contact from the recruiter was by email to complete an assessment. After that, I was contacted by email again about my phone interview which was 2 weeks later. After the phone interview, I was pushed through to the final interview with hiring manager for the position. She was friendly lady, very relaxed interview. We even joked a little bit about life. Overall, i can't stress enough the importance of empathy statements in your interview responses. You dont have to have insurance claims experience but just awesome customer service experience. I was told by the hiring manager that it'd take up to 2 weeks to hear back on the final word. i actually ended up getting the email to move forward with my background check that same day an hour after the interview. The background check part took up to a week for me personally. After that, the recruiter that did the phone interview with me called me back and extended an offer, which I accepted. No matter what, DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU WANT THIS JOB!! This was my 3rd interview with USAA in a year and I finally got in. I can't remember my answer but start from the beginning of the situation to the end and be very thorough and empathy statements should FOR SURE be included. Go step by step as to what you did and how the outcome was. EMPATHY EMPATHY EMPATHY!!! I say it's difficult because they ask what are known as "situational behavioral questions" so please look that up and go from there. I didn't do this my first 2 interviews and was denied until this particular interview when i did my homework on "situational behavioral questions" and use of empathy and finally got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was very easy to go through. After that you have a face to face interview, I would suggest practicing interview questions that are listed on here. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? How was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took about four weeks. Received email for the assessment. About a week later received an email for phone interview. Talked to HR rep who gave me salary information and asked questions about my job history. It seemed like she didn't know much about the job itself and seemed irritated with me when I asked questions about the advancement track. She stated she'd get back to me within 48 hours after she presented my resume to the managers. However, I never heard back and my email asking for a status update went unanswered. I think they make the decision while you're on the phone interview as to whether you're moving forward or not, but they won't tell you that. I also noticed the way she hung up on me. She was polite but in a hurry to get off the phone. So, the process is interesting, lol.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the work hours for this position? Are you okay with the salary range? Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

very rude manager who was on teleconference during interview with someone in FL, ERICA RODRIGUEZ was FALLING ASLEEP during the interview then said I needed to say key words I must not have said her key words that she wanted but if that is how they hire instead of experience, good thing I don't work there!

Interview Questions

• what positions have I held where I had to bring bad news to someone and what did I do and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was asked to complete an online assessment within a few days. After completion, I had a phone interview a couple of weeks later and was then scheduled an in-person interview two weeks after that. Before my in-person interview, I had to complete a background check and drug test.
    Worst interview experience. My interviewer (1 lady, usual interviews include 2 or 3 interviewers) was impersonal, sour-faced, never smiled and seemed disinterested from the start. Luckily I know many people who work for USAA and this is not the typical interview experience. If had interviewed with anyone else, I know I would have been offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • Identify a situation where something happened at work that you weren't prepared for, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an assessment the following day. After the assessment, I was asked to do a phone interview. The interview went well and I was immediately scheduled for an in person interview. Two weeks later I had the interview on campus with two of the hiring managers. Everything went well and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when things didn't go as you planned. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online around January 21st, a few days later I received an email to take the assessment test which consist of a personality test and typing test. I passed the test and was set up for a phone screen February 11th, she described the job duties and asked a few customer service oriented questions. I passed and was set up for a face to face for March 3rd. They sent info for background search and drug testing. I completed that. I interviewed with two managers interview went well, I asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the end result?   Answer Question