USAA Total Loss Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied in February 2016 on USAA's website and didn't hear anything back till last week of March 2016 from a recruiter (so a month and a half after i applied). The initial contact from the recruiter was by email to complete an assessment. After that, I was contacted by email again about my phone interview which was 2 weeks later. After the phone interview, I was pushed through to the final interview with hiring manager for the position. She was friendly lady, very relaxed interview. We even joked a little bit about life. Overall, i can't stress enough the importance of empathy statements in your interview responses. You dont have to have insurance claims experience but just awesome customer service experience. I was told by the hiring manager that it'd take up to 2 weeks to hear back on the final word. i actually ended up getting the email to move forward with my background check that same day an hour after the interview. The background check part took up to a week for me personally. After that, the recruiter that did the phone interview with me called me back and extended an offer, which I accepted. No matter what, DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU WANT THIS JOB!! This was my 3rd interview with USAA in a year and I finally got in. I can't remember my answer but start from the beginning of the situation to the end and be very thorough and empathy statements should FOR SURE be included. Go step by step as to what you did and how the outcome was. EMPATHY EMPATHY EMPATHY!!! I say it's difficult because they ask what are known as "situational behavioral questions" so please look that up and go from there. I didn't do this my first 2 interviews and was denied until this particular interview when i did my homework on "situational behavioral questions" and use of empathy and finally got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was very easy to go through. After that you have a face to face interview, I would suggest practicing interview questions that are listed on here. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? How was the outcome?   Answer Question

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I was required to take an online assessment, then a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview the following day. Within an hour of completing my face-to-face, I was given a tentative offer, and sent information on background check and drug testing. Within 5 days, I was given a formal offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and the by the following week I got the first process in the interview the assessment, fairly easy just a typing test and questions about your beliefs, after that it took about 2-3 days and I was scheduled for a phone interview they will tell you on the phone if you are going further into the hiring process, I was set up for a final interview where the questions were STAR based questions (look it up if you really want the job) the interview was with 2 ladies very nice, and it consist of 4 interview questions so make sure you look up the STAR process! Took about 2 days from when I had the interview to hear back that I was accepted! Good luck and hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and how did you respond to it?

Why do you want to work for USAA?

What would your friends say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

very rude manager who was on teleconference during interview with someone in FL, ERICA RODRIGUEZ was FALLING ASLEEP during the interview then said I needed to say key words I must not have said her key words that she wanted but if that is how they hire instead of experience, good thing I don't work there!

Interview Questions

• what positions have I held where I had to bring bad news to someone and what did I do and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

You have to fill out a detailed application form online. Then, a couple of days later, a recruiter sends you an online personality assessment. After I completed that, I waited 2 months before following up with the recruiter via email. When I sent her an email checking the status of my application, I had a phone interview the following week. Then I was called back another week later to schedule an interview. The interview had 2 current total loss managers and it took an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deliver difficult information to an anger customer and did they choose to stay with the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online around January 21st, a few days later I received an email to take the assessment test which consist of a personality test and typing test. I passed the test and was set up for a phone screen February 11th, she described the job duties and asked a few customer service oriented questions. I passed and was set up for a face to face for March 3rd. They sent info for background search and drug testing. I completed that. I interviewed with two managers interview went well, I asked good questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something didn't go as planned and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to take an assessment. I took the assessment which involved a typing test and personality questions. It was pretty easy to me. I was notified that I had passed and was scheduled for a prescreen interview. I was asked about my job history and behavioral questions. Use the STAR Method. Next I was scheduled for an onsite interview. I had to complete a drug test and also Background check. I went to the interview and I was very comfortable. The Manager did an ice breaker which allowed me to feel comfortable. The questions were behavioral not as many questions as thought and the interview lasted almost an hour. Make sure you know about the company , mission statement and core values. I was told I would be contacted next week. Overall, great experience. I say just be yourself , be prepared to answer questions dealing with customer service experience and know the company. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied, and later received an e-mail to fill out a personality quiz. I later received an e-mail, setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was general, with a few questions at the end geared towards my position, but I could tell the interview conductor was not that familiar with the position. After completing the phone interview with HR, I was interviewed by two managers in the department where I would work. The interview lasted for 30-45 minutes, and the questions were geared towards how I handled stressful situations, customer service, and experience delivering bad news. They were looking for a candidate who was empathetic, experienced in handling traumatic situations for customers, and understood the mission and core values of USAA. I received an e-mail for a urine drug test minutes after my interview ended, submitted my sample, and then had a job offer a week after testing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences delivering devastating news to an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This position had two paygrades, one for employees with a bachelors degree, and one lower for those without a degree. There was not any room for negotiation for this position.

Total Loss Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The hiring process is a long and tedious one, although it is handled and executed with professionalism. Applications can be made online; upload your resume, answer some position relevant questions, and then wait and hope for your first email assessment. If you pass the assessment, ( a typing wpm, and personality test for the position I applied for ) you will be contacted by an Human Resources representative by email to continue with a preliminary phone interview. If the phone interview goes well then you will be asked to perform a drug screen as well as set up a face-to-face interview with a manager for the department in which you are applying.

Each step in my experience took approximately a week and half in between, so you can expect a lot of waiting while you hope you are moved forward through the next step.

Interview Questions

• The most specific and consequently the most difficult ( though expected ) question for the position that I was applying for resembled something like:

"Tell me about a specific time when a customer was unhappy about a transaction or procedure, and what you did to resolve that situation?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The Human Resources representative is pretty thorough about the position, it's benefits, and compensation. There was little to "negotiate" in regards to this entry level position.

The offer is made over the phone by your HR rep if you are an approved candidate. He or she will list you the details and ask whether or not you would like to accept the job offer. You will soon receive an email requesting the same.