USDA Forest Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USDA Forest Service Interview Questions

Interviews at USDA Forest Service

2.4

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service.

Interview

Great, application through Government channels is very slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, set wages by government.

Archaeologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Reno, NV) in February 2012.

Interview

Long, drawn-out bureaucratic process with canned questions. However, there was no limit on how long you could make the answers and where you could go with them. Actual hiring took months.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled a situation where someone disagreed with you.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview it lasted about 15 minutes, they asked me about college, my major, career goals and expectations. It was very short sweet and to the point, the interviewer was very pleasant.

Negotiation

no negotiations required

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service in May 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview on the weekend. I was asked basic questions about the school I was attending, my prior work history, and working with others. The interview was more about the company, rather than myself.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about working with 15 other interns.   1 Answer

Forestry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Interview

Get ready to discuss values, morals, and why you think your best for the job. They ask you mainly basic questions about your role, some hypotheticals, and why you want to work for them.

Forestry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Bend, OR).

Interview

One phone call interview, one in person interview. I was recommended by an existing employee which definitely helps for the initial hire. If you are seasonal and have already worked there for at least one year, you often have rehire rights. They hire a certain number of GS3, GS4, GS5 etc. per district, depending on the number of handcrews, shots, engines etc. Your GS level depends on your tenure and experience, and what position you have been hired for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Information Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Found the job app online and filled out the lengthy application. Was called within a week for an interview. (I was told that is uncommon and seasonal employees often have to call after submitting their applications to be considered serious about the job.) Easy interview. Started within two weeks. Overall it was a good experience. The application was really the hardest part and once you complete that the rest is based on your personality and experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you experienced working with the public and handling confrontation?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was rushed and wanted to get through the process. Seemed like I might have been interviewed just so they could meet criteria of interviewing top applicants.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2010.

Interview

Received call and had an interview the next week. The interview was done with all four supervisors. Each would ask you about two questions. They were fairly simple questions based on past experiences dealing with customer service, and what you would do in certain situations, or how you have handled certain sitautions before.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel like any question was difficult or unreasonable for the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a tentative job offer. I had to complete some paperwork and fax back in. I then received my job notification letter to complete the hiring process.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USDA Forest Service (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Came in and they showed me what happens and what they do as well as some of the computer software they use. The overall process was mostly showing me the job and interpreting my interest level.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem interesting to you?   1 Answer