UT Health Science Center San Antonio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Senior Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was swift and efficient. I had a phone interview prior to actually meeting for an in person interview. I met with several people, including the person who would be my boss, a coworker, a collaborator, and the person who is leaving the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I read everybody's review about UTHSCSA's interview, and it looked like it should be a piece of cake. However, I was totally lost during the interview. Half of the questions are job related, which I have never done before. The other half are regular interview questions.

Research Area Specialist Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the uthscsajobs site and within a week was called and was offered an interview for the next day. I accepted and interview was pretty standard and everyone was friendly. Soon after the interview I was asked to fill out a background check form which is given for all applicants who passed the initial screening process but does not mean you have been hired.

Director Clinical Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Very vague. I had no idea what the interviewer thought. There were no specific questions and the interview did not follow any type of pattern. I was asked about my military experience but nothing that was directly related to the position

Administrative Assistant Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview went very well. Was asked the basic questions for the position and explained my skills that I could bring the team that would help pick up where is was left off. Unfortunately someone else more suited for the job was picked.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Process took about 1 month. I did a phone interview which led to an interview in person about a week later. After the second interview, I was called in for a final interview with the manager and director. I was then told the salary and completed the papers for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have to do something that you didn't want to do. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio.

Interview

Very easy. After applying for the position on UTHSCSA's website, I received word for an in-person interview. The interview was with 2 people and the questions were very standard. After the interview, I was notified that I was selected for the position and it took about 4 weeks until I was able to start working there.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Nearly a month after applying for the position, I received a phone call to do a phone interview. Then about a week later, I received a call to come in for an in person interview. This first interview was with two higher level management personnel. A couple days later, I received a call to come in for a group interview with the research team members. After that I was told by the department manager they were planning on hiring me and were getting paperwork sent to HR.

Interview Questions

• Are you organized/detail oriented?
      Tell me about your experience?
      How are you working with others?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Very informal meeting with 2 staff members who were thorough, engaging and congenial. It was a pleasure to meet with both of them and I appreciated the disarming tone to the meeting.

Interview Questions

• What did I love or hate about my last position?
      Using a past experience, how did I succeed in the face of adversity?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared for the interview, paying close attention to who is participating in the process. I completely reviewed all department members and attempted to learn as much as possible to inform my questions.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. One being the medical director. It went very well. Interview lasted about 1 hour. I thought I landed the job. Especially when they asked me to sign forms to do a background check. But apparently they do background checks on their finalists. Never had that happen to me before.

Interview Questions

• All about my career in the medical field. And if I can multitask. They gave me scenarios.   1 Answer