UT Southwestern Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2018

2.7

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a on-site interview for a job fair. Immediately interviewed with a RN and then she offered a job on her unit. Human resource person was there and explained the next steps. Now I have to wait to hear back to make a time to show them shot records and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• All questions were well appropriated for the position. Just keep in mind how you will handle caring for more than 4 patients and what you believe the best actions are in that scenario.   2 Answers

Patient Referral Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview procesa went well. I had 2 interviewers and they were great. I actually had some fun with them during the interview. I can't wait to be offered the job.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Very nice people. They want you to feel at ease. They want to get to know you better and how you can contribute to the company and make them better.

Interview Questions

• What would you offer if you came to work with us?   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I applied and had to complete a three hour on-line assessment. They scheduled the interview and the day of the interview they called and wasted my time stating that I had failed the assessment and that I should have got a pop up window after completing the assessment that told me that. I think that their "assessment" process requires some additional work. Not all assessments are predictors of performance. Additionally, they need to figure out their interview process. Don't schedule an interview just to tell them that there is no interview.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any questions other than to say the interview will not be scheduled based on results of the "assessment". Period. Perhaps they should look at the assessment process.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job on January 19th. I was contacted(through e-mail) on February 2nd to schedule a phone interview on February 3rd. I was then contacted on February 10th to come in and take a look at the lab I would be working in. I was offered the job on February 15th and then contacted by HR on February 27 for 5 references. I submitted the references and was offered the final offer on March 7th.

Interview Questions

• What is you reason for applying for this job? What is your motivation? What is your strength? What is your weakness? Tell us about yourself. It was typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Lab Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a month later by phone. 2 days later I received an e-mail with the date and time for the interview. The questions included why I chose to go the university I went to, about my future plans, and what my past supervisors might say about me. I was nervous with it being my first interview but the interviewer was pretty nice and chill. Be sure you arrive with plenty of time ahead to find the room of interview!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Interviewer was just trying to know about me and my future.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone call then face to face, then second face to face with several more managers

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Personally it was a great experience. I interviewed and although didn't get the initial job that I applied for I tried to stay on good standing with them. The office staff, when trying to get a hold of the interviewer, was very helpful and very kind. The recruiter was very helpful and nice as well. Yes they did there job but you can tell they went beyond that. I was called in for an panel interview. It went really well. They ask you questions like "How have you dealt with a rude customer or patient give an example?" or "What is something you would like me to remember you by?" etc. Overall again a good experience. They put you at ease.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would like me to remember you by?   Answer Question

The position I applied for had been filled and so they offered me another position but it didn't fit my current needs so I declined.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Initially had a phone screening, followed by an on-site interview with the clinical manager, the lab staff and the PI. Everyone was very nice and professional at the medical center. The interview overall was smooth.

Interview Questions

• I was majorly asked about skill sets related to the job.   Answer Question

Coder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in September 2011.

Interview

Group interview was professional and casual at the same time. Staff asked lots of questions but some of the questions were more personality related. I was asked specific coding questions as well as complex case scenarios which tested my judgment and understanding of rules and the ability to present my reason for the answer.

Interview Questions

• Was I open to change and flexibility with position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fair offer.