UT Southwestern Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2018

2.7

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from the recruiter to set up interview on site. Panel interview with two people from the department I was applying for and two other supervisors. Fairly laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you come in and someone isn't doing their share is the work and you have to do their work for them?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Initially had a phone screening, followed by an on-site interview with the clinical manager, the lab staff and the PI. Everyone was very nice and professional at the medical center. The interview overall was smooth.

Interview Questions

• I was majorly asked about skill sets related to the job.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

Applied on campus, received an email saying to come interview. 2 Rounds of interviews in 2 rooms. Behavioral questions, very friendly interviewers, told me a lot about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was conflict in a team setting   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

It was an easy 30 min interview. At the end of the interview they asked me to come back the following week to meet with the operations manager. Then the following week asked me to come back to meet the operations team. Overall great staff and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put a lot of effort into a task and things just did not go your way?
      What do you look for in a manager?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with three individuals in back-to-back interviews that lasted a total of around 1.5 hours. I was given 15 minutes to edit copy that was filled with medical terminology so they could see my thought process and how I would edit to make it lay-friendly. The interviewers were very pleasant, and I thought the meetings went very well. I was told I definitely would be called back for a second interview--but I never was. It took two months from the time I applied until they filled the position, and six weeks of that was after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• The following hypothetical situation was presented, and I had to explain how I would handle it: The deadline for a report to a foundation that gave to UT Southwestern is fast approaching. A doctor is supposed to prepare a report draft and send it to you for editing, but despite repeated requests, he sends it to you at 11:59--and it is filled with medical jargon that you don't really understand and would have difficulty editing on your own. What would you do?   1 Answer

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Manager called and did a phone interview, gave notice to come in for an interview in person. Got called in for second in-person interview with 4 people including the higher up manager. They were bringing others in for the remainder of the week. You will then get notified by human resources. Overall, very comprehensive interview, but typical interview questions you can find online.

Interview Questions

• Why UTSW? Tell me about a difficult time in your last position...how did you handle it? If I were to call your supervisor what are three words they would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very easy going, detailed job description, shared personal feelings about the department. I proceed to next step in the process. I will update if I get the position.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Manager called and did a phone interview, gave notice to come in for an interview in person. Got called in for second in-person interview but this was with the higher up manager. If they both approve, you will then get notified by human resources. Overall, very comprehensive interview, but typical interview questions you can find online. Also, since the actual manager interviews you via phone and in person, you will get to meet who you will be working for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time in your previous work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The position was posted online. A personal statement, three rec letters, and Cv were required for initial screening. Screening included: phone interview, Skype interview, and onsite interview. The onsite interview was completed in under an hour.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Very nice people. They want you to feel at ease. They want to get to know you better and how you can contribute to the company and make them better.

Interview Questions

• What would you offer if you came to work with us?   1 Answer