UT Southwestern Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Be prepared to be treated like garbage if you apply here. They will have you fill out assessments and jump through all sorts of hoops to demonstrate that you are a testament of professionalism and integrity while they convey nothing of the sort in return. They make zero effort to communicate and hypocritically exude the exact opposite of what they claim to be. Just rather sickening to see the way they really treat people.

Interview Questions

• Routine questions, your answers to which go into their magic ball/computator to come up with a secretive solution that tickles their fancy.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I came into the office to interview with 4 people. Nice and prepared. Took a while to hear back. They did keep me updated after I reached out. There should be more communication during the whole process.

Regulatory Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed w/6 people in a 3 hour interview. Everyone was extremely kind--even the security when I did a drive by the night before. Haven't heard back yet but I am hopeful.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable learning multiple systems as they, over the last year, have gone completely electronic except for informed consents.   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I applied and had to complete a three hour on-line assessment. They scheduled the interview and the day of the interview they called and wasted my time stating that I had failed the assessment and that I should have got a pop up window after completing the assessment that told me that. I think that their "assessment" process requires some additional work. Not all assessments are predictors of performance. Additionally, they need to figure out their interview process. Don't schedule an interview just to tell them that there is no interview.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any questions other than to say the interview will not be scheduled based on results of the "assessment". Period. Perhaps they should look at the assessment process.   Answer Question

Educational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on May 17th. On May 30th I was contacted via e-mail by the Administrative Assistant to the Director of the department asking if I was available on June 2nd to interview. Luckily, I already had the day off for a doctors appointment. After I confirmed, I was e-mailed an itinerary with times and names of everyone I'd be meeting with and a campus map. I arrived in enough time to find my way around. It's so huge it's easy to get lost. I found the office and went in for my 3 interviews. Each person I met with gave me a perspective of the position. After my third interview, I was introduced to my potential co workers. Everyone was amazing and funny. It really eased the nervousness.

By 5pm I sent thank you notes to everyone I met and 80% of them responded. I was in shock because no one ever replies. So it gave me a good feeling.... After 1 follow up request, I started to get really nervous....but after a few days I got an e-mail asking for my references (5 total;2 have to be past/current supervisors). I reached out to my references and begged them to complete it ASAP and they did....and the next day the HR Recruiter called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with Med Hub?   1 Answer

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Great people. Very easy to talk with and I was asked relevant questions about my research. I had a very positive experience with the phone interview. I look forward to hearing back from them

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant and approachable. More of a sit down chat then a high pressured interview. Made me feel comfortable. It lasted about an hour and they were very informed on the company benefits and perks.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a short phone conversation with one of the two people running the lab. Asked me basic questions, such as when I'd be able to start. In a few days, I had a more in-depth Skype interview with another person running the lab.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online for position. Received e-mail from potential boss (PI). Then I had a phone interview with my potential PI and afterwards kept in communication afterwards via e-mail. Accepted offer a week or two after phone interview, and started working about two months later.

Interview Questions

• Research experience, publications, poster presentations, projects, skills etc.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Interview

It was pretty easy and comfortable process. They just asked basic questions including my background and experience. It was about 20min interview with two managers, and held in school, not UTSW.