UT Southwestern Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially interviewed with nurse manager over the phone she supplied information about the clinic and company and asked about my experience. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with both supervisor and manager and then subsequently I was interviewed by my peers. Interview was relaxed and turned conversational often.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most successful patient education moments   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the following day from a recruiter. She asked me very basic questions: Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, where do you see yourself in 5 years. She was friendly and set up an interview with the unit manager few days after. Prior to speaking with the manager, I was requested to provide 5 references. The interview with the manager went well, he was friendly too, asked me pretty much the same questions. He asked me when I could start and said they couldn’t wait to meet me in person (Skype interview due to the pandemic). When I asked the next step in the process, he told me to reach out to the recruiter, who would send me paperwork for me to complete. I emailed her, twice, never got a response. Fortunately, I was in the process with another hospital and got an offer somewhere else. I just find it very unprofessional to be left without answer, even if it seems to be common in the hiring process world. Employers tend to forget that we, candidates, have a lot of opportunities, there is lots of competition on the market for us as well, and they are not the only ones. Don’t make candidates believe they got a position if you are just going to ghost them. Especially during a pandemic, when lots of people are struggling, and having a job is their biggest hope to keep providing for their families.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Ambulatory Access Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview went great, I applied in March, got a call from a recruiter on 04/22, passed the phone interview and was scheduled for a Digital interview with the Department manager. The interview last 22 minutes, I was told I should hear something in 2 weeks. No offer yet but I know I got the position.

Nutrition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

The interview process was simple and to the point. It took awhile to get a call back but communication was consistent after that. As far as the interview, many of the questions were behavior based with a few scenario type situations. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were a leader?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Human resources contacted me, I needed to find 5 references, interviewed with Nurse manager and RN. They were great upbeat, told alot about the company which was all impressive information, thanked me and made me feel very comfortable in the interview.

Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process included an online application, followed by email correspondence to schedule a face to face. At the face to face I met the office admin, whom had been my email contact, the department manager and the physician. Within 1-2 weeks I was connected by HR with an offer.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Filled out application on company website, couple weeks later received a call from a recruiter had a phone interview right then with recruiter. After the call recruiter sent me a questionnaire with basic questions like salary expectations, Strengths and weakness’s. Next day received and email from the department supervisor to set up face to face interview that week. I set it up the following morning. The interview was laid back a conversation it was two interviewers they explained the job and was very honest. They asked me a few questions but mostly a quick conversation. Received an offer the next afternoon.

Registered Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Grand Prairie, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied beginning of 01/2020 and got an emailed for interview two weeks later. I’ve went through two interviews with hiring manager and future co-workers. Got an offer mid 02/2020 for start date of beginning 03/2020. The process of new employment paperwork such as background check and health screen tests took about two weeks.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

It was standard process. The recruiter reached out to me three days after I had applied to setup a phone call. I had an initial phone call with the recruiter who asked me if I had already received a call from the department that I applied too. I received an email from the hiring department a day later asking to setup an onsite. The onsite was with 16 individuals over two days. Questions were standard questions mostly probing into me as an individual, leader, etc. One of the interviewers told me that their culture was to promote internally and that raised a red flag as to why I was interviewing with 16 individuals. The hiring manager had mentioned that they were only interviewing a small number of candidates. Except for three interviewers, none of them appeared friendly and wanted to be there. The next week, I just dropped a note to the recruiter inquiring and was told that the position was recently filled. Given the amount of timing between the job posting, my interview, and hiring, I was just interviewed to meet the EEO requirements.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in January 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with several people over about 3 interviews. Interviews were pretty casual and the y didn't ask anything too difficult. The process is very long and disappointing honestly. Seems like they don't value quality candidates yet rather offer lower salary to those who don't work as hard.

Interview Questions

• Not alot of specific questions asked more of a "get to know you" session   Answer Question