UT Southwestern Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 main stages:
    1. Emailing the Principal Investigator of the lab providing my cover letter and CV
    2. Phone interview with the principal interview about why I am interested in this lab and how I can contribute
    3. Attending on-site interview including a presentation of current research work, meeting with several groups of people from the lab to understand the research, funding and culture of the lab in greater details. This concludes with a meeting with the principal investigator by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the areas in this lab where you see you can contribute?   1 Answer

Did not meet my benefits expectations

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by HR within couple of weeks. I was asked all kind of behavioral questions. It felt like the HR did not want me to pass the interview. She sounded very uninterested. She straight away said we are not going to proceed with your application.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did not make it to the interview process. The process you are you using doesn't give a real picture of who is being interviewed. The series of questions, disqualifies individuals without even knowing their History. Many of the question asked are not relevant to the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• How to refund money? Is this question relevant to a security position?   Answer Question

Admitting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone on a wends day scheduled an interview for the following Tuesday since the 31st was a holiday. Interview with the manager over admitting department and the manger over the department I would be in. Very relaxed interview,basically read questions off paper. Not really a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Difference between PPO,HMO,and work Miscomp?
      What's your definition of great customer service?
      Biggest weakness?   2 Answers

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR, then had an in person interview with the supervisor. It was over all very pleasant, everyone was extremely nice and seemed to enjoy working here.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to take the lead for your team.   1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

got an email to set up a call with the principal investigator in the lab for an initial phone interview, after the phone interview I was invited to come in for a formal in person interview with the entire lab (5-10 people). After the interviews I received a call from HR with the formal offer and I accepted over the phone and she set up my start date. It was all very structured and organized.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience and school coursework.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and I was flown out for the third in person interview. I did very good in all three interviews and my interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable in the finance area. However, several months have passed and I still haven't heard whether I received the job or another candidate was offered the position. Very Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a fellow employee did not meet a deadline you have set?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Sent letters of intent describing interest and potential projects
    Principal Investigators interested in my application would invite me over and we would have an interview consisting of a formal presentation and informal one-on-one meetings

Nurse Residency Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

This was a panel interview. They started asking general questions about me and how I got into nursing and my strengths. They then asked LOTS of behavioral questions where they wrote down my answers as I talked.

Clinical Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

You may interview with an entire panel or just a single manager; so be prepared for either. Also, if the department is really interested, you will likely have several interviews over the course of a few weeks. This is a state institution and there are over 12,000 employees at UTSW, and so you must be patient with the interview, hiring, and onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you've directly managed or coordinated in your previous position   1 Answer