UT Southwestern Medical Center Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UT Southwestern Medical Center Postdoctoral Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved 3 main stages:
1. Emailing the Principal Investigator of the lab providing my cover letter and CV
2. Phone interview with the principal interview about why I am interested in this lab and how I can contribute
3. Attending on-site interview including a presentation of current research work, meeting with several groups of people from the lab to understand the research, funding and culture of the lab in greater details. This concludes with a meeting with the principal investigator by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the areas in this lab where you see you can contribute?   1 Answer

Did not meet my benefits expectations

Other Interview Reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Presented my previous work. Talked about future research and interested topics. Was asked about skills and techniques familiar with. Any loop holes yet to be analyzed in my projects.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview is very typical. Basically you contacted the PI first, if you two matches, you will have a tour in the lab, meet everyone there and give a talk about what you have done.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

It was very smooth. They clearly stated their need and asked for certain requirements. Discussed with me my options in terms of projects and was very laid back.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Interview

I just had a online interview, and there was no onsite interview. I got the offer one week after interview, and then I began to apply OPT visa. After I graduated, I went to UTSW start to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything