UT Southwestern Medical Center Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UT Southwestern Medical Center Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and I was flown out for the third in person interview. I did very good in all three interviews and my interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable in the finance area. However, several months have passed and I still haven't heard whether I received the job or another candidate was offered the position. Very Unprofessional

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a fellow employee did not meet a deadline you have set?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

Standard interview process; phone, in-person, and 2nd in-person interview. Lengthy process due to schedule restraints of interviewers, but this is dependent on department. If an offer is made it is tentative on background, reference checks, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily difficult questions or unexpected questions, but rather being prepared to provide samples of your work to fit the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a min, mid, and max point set on salary for all positions. Was made an offer less than what I was asking for, made a counter offer and it was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. The first manager asked me to review a financial statement and let her know what was wrong with it. I could not find anything wrong with it and she later told me that I should have noticed the large number added to revenues which represented funds transferred in from other divisions. This is a standard reporting method, and there was nothing incorrect with this report. The second manager, who was very pleasant, said that she would respond to me regarding timing of a second interview if I sent her an email. I sent her an email the the next day, along with a thank you note for the interview, but have not heard back since. It has now been 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is wrong with this financial statement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A couple of weeks later I was contacted by phone by an HR representative to schedule a face to face interview. I came in a few days later and met with the hiring manager, another analyst and the director. The entire interview was about 90 minutes. I was contacted a few days later by the HR representative and presented an offer. I counter offered, asking for an increase in the salary. I was told by the HR representative that they would likely not want to negotiate. I asked she present my counter offer and I was contacted a few days later with another counter offer, at which time I accepted.

Negotiation

The HR representative called me with an offer and I counter offered but was told the hiring manager would not likely negotiate because my current salary was already high. I asked that she present my counter offer anyway and they came back with a counter which was slightly higher than the original offer. I accepted the second offer.