UTHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.3

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They wanna hire someone to do the image segmentation and reconstruction. Basically, you need to prepare a 1-hour talk then talk with the staffs there in details. They will ask something about what you have done and what you wanna do in the near future.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me to know a little bit more about me. I was not offered an actual interview since they are looking for commitment of more than 2+ years. They were not interested.
    The job description is very vague and doesn't say into what research lab you will be applying to, just department.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I met directly with the PI. She was very relaxed in the interview process. The interview was approximately 20 minutes in length. After which she showed me around the lab and introduced me to the equipment used frequently in the laboratory. Immediately following our chat, she invited me to work at the lab, but that I would need to meet with the supervisor to hold a final interview before being officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around my relevant work experience and what I was looking to get out of future role. As the PI was familiar with a professor I'd worked with in the past, she was more relaxed in the questions she asked me.   Answer Question

Compliance and Grants Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Interview was straightforward but the HR lady basically told me I was overqualified which is annoying. You had my resume ahead of time. You shouldn't waste people's time. I had an hour drive. Also they never even contacted me afterwards. At least let the candidate know Thanks but no thanks. I even sent a thank you follow up and received no response. Unprofessional.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

I submitted a resume and personal statement. I was interviewed by the project director. They asked me general questions about my research interests and experience. I received an offer shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous positions and skills learned   1 Answer

Police Sergeant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was based on a testing and interview process designed to eliminate bias and prejudice. Unfortunately, the administration failed to follow their own guidelines of choosing the ranking of candidates from top to bottom.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Felt rushed thru the interview from the minute I sat down and interviewer kept pulling folders/files of other candidates onto the table. Questions asked were how my job search was going and what other organizations I was interviewing with instead of questions about my background or fit into the position. Extremely rude and inconsiderate of applicant's time. Red flag of how office environment would be.

Clinical Informaticist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after 2 months I got an email asking me to correct some information on my application. After another month I received a call to set up an interview for the following week. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Basic interview questions, nothing really unexpected. The staff that interviewed me were okay, not particularly friendly. I was told they has interviews for the next 2 weeks and they would get back to me when they were complete. In 2 days I received a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time that you took charge of a situation at work.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Regular interview process. Three faculty members attended. It was a warm environment. They asked almost 15 questions which were very typical. They mainly talked about my resume and cover letter. It is important to have them with you. Also any supporting documents as publications, research papers etc. will be beneficial to have during the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick, simple and laid back. Before going to the interview know the mission statement, research history that has been done at the institution, and current research being done. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Make sure to show how interested you are in the institution and why you want to be apart of UT.