UTHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UTHealth Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.4

Scientific Programmer I Interview

Interview

They had face to face interview which is good that all the team members were getting together. People are nice and kind, but they are very busy so try to be there asap. It may take sometime to find the location and parking your car, so be prepared to go earlier so you have enough time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Directions provided to the building was not clear and was not informed of what to expect for interview. It took almost two hours with the assessment. The person giving the interview was kind of mellow and not very engaging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One with direct manager. The next two were on the same day with two separate senior managers. After that, Human Resources called to verify certain things on the application.

Interview Questions

• What would you gain from this position?   1 Answer

Interview

Very casual, short interview, gave detailed description of position and how program is set up. Explained the importance of this position in helping students understand how to treat patients in climate or hospital or emergency situations.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 yrs   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I attended a talk by the department head, afterwards, wrote him an email addressing my interest of working in his team, he asked me to go over for an interview. The interviewers were him and another assistant professor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you are doing.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They wanna hire someone to do the image segmentation and reconstruction. Basically, you need to prepare a 1-hour talk then talk with the staffs there in details. They will ask something about what you have done and what you wanna do in the near future.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me to know a little bit more about me. I was not offered an actual interview since they are looking for commitment of more than 2+ years. They were not interested.
    The job description is very vague and doesn't say into what research lab you will be applying to, just department.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I met directly with the PI. She was very relaxed in the interview process. The interview was approximately 20 minutes in length. After which she showed me around the lab and introduced me to the equipment used frequently in the laboratory. Immediately following our chat, she invited me to work at the lab, but that I would need to meet with the supervisor to hold a final interview before being officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around my relevant work experience and what I was looking to get out of future role. As the PI was familiar with a professor I'd worked with in the past, she was more relaxed in the questions she asked me.   Answer Question

Compliance and Grants Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Interview was straightforward but the HR lady basically told me I was overqualified which is annoying. You had my resume ahead of time. You shouldn't waste people's time. I had an hour drive. Also they never even contacted me afterwards. At least let the candidate know Thanks but no thanks. I even sent a thank you follow up and received no response. Unprofessional.

Senior Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of an interview with 2 current employees in the office and then a one on one with the rest of the employees.

Interview Questions

• Why have I not stayed at a job longer than 6 months?   1 Answer