UTHealth Research Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UTHealth Research Assistant I Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me to know a little bit more about me. I was not offered an actual interview since they are looking for commitment of more than 2+ years. They were not interested.
The job description is very vague and doesn't say into what research lab you will be applying to, just department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UTHealth

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I met directly with the PI. She was very relaxed in the interview process. The interview was approximately 20 minutes in length. After which she showed me around the lab and introduced me to the equipment used frequently in the laboratory. Immediately following our chat, she invited me to work at the lab, but that I would need to meet with the supervisor to hold a final interview before being officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around my relevant work experience and what I was looking to get out of future role. As the PI was familiar with a professor I'd worked with in the past, she was more relaxed in the questions she asked me.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received phone call a week or so later, face to face interviews with various members of research team, including the doctors. More laid back than I imagined.

Research Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via the website. Took 2 weeks to get confirmation that the team received my info. Then the next day I got an interview request via email.

Went to my interview where the head researcher explained the focus of the study. Researcher asked me questions related to my experience. This interview felt more like a chance to explain my interests and experience. Very comfortable. Took about 30 minutes.

Then the next 30 minutes I was interviewed by the research coordinator. This second interview was standard interview process as in coordinator asked the typical questions found in an interview. (what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, etc).

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. I heard about an opening through a flyer at my university. They just want to ask about past projects and why you want to work in the lab. Professor then discusses ongoing projects in lab. Past experience required may vary depending on the type of lab you work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called by a lady and asked to come in for an interview. Since I did not have any other engagements, I scheduled the interview for the next day. During the interview, I met with the PI and he asked me a series of questions while explaining the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with patient interviews, screening and abstract preparation? Do you intend to pursue further education?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The Interview was extremely easy. I really didn't answer many questions. It seemed from the beginning that they were trying to sell me the position. I believe the salary range is under 25K. I was emailed for a second interview with the main research Doctor however I was given little notice And was not able to make it to the interview. Since there are many research programs I cannot say that the interview process will be any way similar.