UTi Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.7

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I talked with HR on a phone interview and then later followed up with an in-person interview. It was a rather quick process which was probably helped because I had an employee referral. Overall, it was an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. The only technical question was whether I have experience using their PO system.   Answer Question

Project Manajer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Fast - which was being driven by heavy IT Resource turnover. My experience is we are also doing the proper due diligence on new individuals. The organization had not created a proper hiring strategy and put that into effect to deal with heavy IT turnover at that point

Interview Questions

• How soon can I start?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the hardest IT implementation you have experienced during your career and what made it so hard.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Interview

I sent the hiring manager my resume and was called in for a 1:1 interview.
    Drove one hour to show up at the interview few days after I sent my resume and went over my resume just to hear after about 5-10 minutes that I would not be a good fit, because I did not bring a book of business with me and was unable to deliver immediate results, that the company stock was down and needed immediate results, etc. etc... A resume is obviously meant to give you an idea of what a person's background is like, so why waste my time to bring me in just to tell me that. No consideration or respect for people's time and as far as I know the hiring manager did not even read my resume before. When I got there his phone was on the table in the interview room with some video game on it; told me right away where his priorities were... He did me a favor ultimately as I sure wouldn't want to work for someone like that.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to tell him about myself.   1 Answer

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Used a personal connection to get in contact with the hiring manager and schedule an interview.

The interview questions were pretty standard to that of a entry-level job interview. Interview process was about 3 hours, separated into 2 segments. First segment was with people in roles the position works closely with. The second segment was was the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard "traditional" interview questions (such as greatest strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why should we choose you over other candidates, etc.).

Hiring manager asked me a "secret" riddle to observe my thought process. I thought it was a great opportunity to show my skills and that I could remain calm in a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Interview

1 Online application
    2 Phone interview with HR
    3 Phone interview with hiring manager
    4 Onsite interview with hiring manager and two team members (all separate)
    5 Offer and salary/start date negotiation
    6 Process probably took 30-45 days all together

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you manage personalities that clash with yours.
      Describe how your experience fits into this role.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Interview

Applied and got a call to setup an interview. Pretty relaxed process and you can reschedule if you need to. Asked basic questions about previous employment and that's it. After all other employees did interview we got trained together a few weeks later.

DevOps Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

The Dev manager meet me and we walk to the conference room. 4 more people joined the interview. intimidating, confrontational. They ask you to get up and write a code

Various Sales Positions Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Interview

A number of steps, beginning with phone interviews by HR recruiters, followed by local management, finally with senior management. They claimed to be very interested in diversified experience and background. But, apparently felt they were not willing to pay for that experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly "canned" interview questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Interview

Three interviews. First was a primary screen with the manager on the phone, and then this was followed up by 2 in-person interviews with the team and manager at a later time. The team was very positive and I fit in with them very well. They helped create a relaxing environment, told jokes, etc. This was one of the more positive interviewing experiences I had.

Interview Questions

• Predominantly general troubleshooting questions, as well as questions about difficult situations I've run into with customers or various technologies such as apache or tomcat, servers, etc.   Answer Question

The salary was much lower than market value for the area and was completely non-negotiable, take-it or leave-it.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitsett, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UTi Worldwide (Whitsett, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewer asked my name, I explained to him I'm very acurate to picking and pulling orders and with replenishing. I always ontime, I don't like to be late. I very cautios when driving my forklift. Safety 1st.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to do overtime?   1 Answer